Couple of questions for Skyrocket

sherazkhan2

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
Can any one answer my questions, I have a skyrocket that got its digitizar cracked under the screen and now my all I see is couple of pixels and the remaining screen is all blacked out. questions,

1. How can I do a factory reset, when I cannot see anything on the screen and screen doesn't recognize any input, is there a way to do a factory reset from the hand set physically, like we do on routers, by pressing a button for few seconds, also can it be reset by plugging it to computer? I understand that you to activate the USB mode by connecting it to the pc, you need to swipe/input on the screen which is not happening at the moment, any suggestions for factory reset?

2. I will be getting a new skyrocket from ATT, I am assuming that it would be having ginger bread and would need ICS update, now ATT have two ICS updates atleast since Skyrocket was launched, one ICS update and second one in which Universal Search was removed, which also is the latest update, is it possible to update the phone to the version one before the current one so that I can retain Universal Search with ICS on my phone, any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
1.no

2. I'm betting the handsets are preupdated and no you cannot pick which update you want to take.

3. Just root it and all of your problems will disappear

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
Can any one answer my questions, I have a skyrocket that got its digitizar cracked under the screen and now my all I see is couple of pixels and the remaining screen is all blacked out. questions,

1. How can I do a factory reset, when I cannot see anything on the screen and screen doesn't recognize any input, is there a way to do a factory reset from the hand set physically, like we do on routers, by pressing a button for few seconds, also can it be reset by plugging it to computer? I understand that you to activate the USB mode by connecting it to the pc, you need to swipe/input on the screen which is not happening at the moment, any suggestions for factory reset?

2. I will be getting a new skyrocket from ATT, I am assuming that it would be having ginger bread and would need ICS update, now ATT have two ICS updates atleast since Skyrocket was launched, one ICS update and second one in which Universal Search was removed, which also is the latest update, is it possible to update the phone to the version one before the current one so that I can retain Universal Search with ICS on my phone, any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

For your first question I don't believe there is any way you can factory reset it. I mean you could always go into your internal SD and delete all the important files.

And for your second question I also believe that the skyrocket will come with the newest version of ICS. If you really want universal search I would root the phone (super easy if you pay attention to instructions) and install a base version firmware of the first release of ICS. I know there is a very reliable one on XDA. I can find it if you want it, just pm me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

sherazkhan2

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info folks, I guess I will keep my broken phone with me and may open it up to pry inside. I got my second phone and it had ICS 4.0.4 as stock software on it. Now its asking me to upgrade the software, if that removes universal search then I am going to look into how to block the update from happening and then factory reset it. Don't want to root it yet thats my last option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codex_umbra