CR 3g???

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey I finally flashed community rom and the 3g isn't great anyone know a solution? Please help

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

semibru

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I may have had the same issue. Landshark and Lttlwing16 pointed me in the right direction. Check out this thread (it worked for me).

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/83838-3g-cutting-out.html

I did the "ESN Swap" by swithing my service myself via the VZW site to an old blackberry. As Landshark points out, you can also call tech support and ask for Tier 2 support to have the do it for you. In my experience, they want to try a bunch of other stuff first (factory resets, etc.), so it would have been faster to do it online and skip the call to support. This assumes you have an extra VZ smartphone.

Last edited:
Reactions: cdil1 and Landshark

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
In doing some more reading it seems better to do the ESN swap yourself. Like bigjobber69 said, you don't have to switch to a smartphone. I switched to my old LG Dare which would definitely qualify as a dumbphone. Other people have even switched to a non-existent phone. All you have to do is do a gooogle search for verizon ESN's, they work. If the ESN swap does not work for you, then call vzw tech support and bully your way to a tier 2 tech support and have them do a DMU restore which will force a new 3G stream to your phone.

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanx to all who've replied I'm probably gonna try to flash D101 through odin and OTA update from there to wipe out any previous problems than if my 3g works well on stock I'll flash my comm rom back and hope ask is well if not verizon its gonna give me a new shiny one haha thanx guys

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanx to all who've replied I'm probably gonna try to flash D101 through odin and OTA update from there to wipe out any previous problems than if my 3g works well on stock I'll flash my comm rom back and hope ask is well if not verizon its gonna give me a new shiny one haha thanx guys

Hope it works for you. You may have to flash back to DL09 in order to receive the OTA updates, but if you get the OTA updates after flashing back to DI01 that would be great.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am in the middle of moving and have packed away all my old phones. Does anyone know where I can get an ESN to use for the swap? I tried doing a Google search and I could not find anything.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It asked for the ESN as it wanted the number that started with a "0".

I decided to wipe my phone and start from scratch. In my office I am getting a consistently better signal but I'll know for sure when I get home.

If that doesn't work vzw tier 1 tech support has dummy ESN's & can do an ESN swap

Sent from the shark tank using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz