Cracked screen

casiouser

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I just cracked my screen and apparently nobody has the parts to fix the S8 tablet yet. I've called Best buy and all the local dealers and nobody has the parts yet. Only place I can send it to is Samsung. They told me 12 days and no less than $219. Ouch. Any suggestions? I may just have to wait it out and hope it doesn't spread. The bad part is I've only had my tablet for 16 days 😢

casiouser

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Glad it was quick. I have put a screen protector on it to hold me over but it actually looks worse as the screen is not flush anymore so the cracks show thru worse. I hate to send mine in and pay more than the purchase price although that did include trade ins.

I just had mine repaired. Expensive but painless. 6 days from when it hit their receiving dock until I had it back in my hands. I chronologed it here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...reen-repair/m-p/2313633/highlight/true#M28591

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Glad it was quick. I have put a screen protector on it to hold me over but it actually looks worse as the screen is not flush anymore so the cracks show thru worse. I hate to send mine in and pay more than the purchase price although that did include trade ins.
I had just the opposite happen with my cracks. My Ultra fell and apparently hit the edge of the glass just outside the coverage of the glass screen protector and the cracks radiated from that impact point under the protector. At all viewing angles with the tablet turned on, the cracks were invisible to me, it was only when I was carrying it around and the light hit it right that I could see the cracks. I went for a month using it like this and seriously considered not getting it fixed...but I'm too finiky to not get it fixed.

Th3 $329 cost was for the Ultra's 14.6" screen. They had quoted me $200 but I knew that to be incorrect based on another user already having his fixed, so that may be closer to the cost oof the smaller Tab S8.

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Great News! (for me, anyway) I just filled out the online form for the direct deposit of $329 into my account. It took two weeks but my Chase Amazon card has paid for the repair of my tablet.

Not that I would buy anything of value any other way, but having a credit card with this type of merchandise warranty is absolutely a good thing,

Last edited:

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Here's the last update on this event. The money posted to my account this morning. I wonder how many times in the past I could have used this program and didn't but now I know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan