Crash immediately after login after 4.3 upgrade

lindend

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Was on 4.2.2 (rooted). Did an OTA upgrade to 4.3. Upgrade completed without incident. Tried to login and after entering my password, my Nexus 4 rebooted. This happens over and over. Even tried booting into safe mode. Always reboots instantly after I enter my password.

At this point, was suspicious that some app required root access and was causing the crash. I updated to Koush's latest superuser but alas, didn't help.

Any ideas or suggestions on how I can get out of this cycle? Is a reset my only alternative at this point?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Was on 4.2.2 (rooted). Did an OTA upgrade to 4.3. Upgrade completed without incident. Tried to login and after entering my password, my Nexus 4 rebooted. This happens over and over. Even tried booting into safe mode. Always reboots instantly after I enter my password.

At this point, was suspicious that some app required root access and was causing the crash. I updated to Koush's latest superuser but alas, didn't help.

Any ideas or suggestions on how I can get out of this cycle? Is a reset my only alternative at this point?

What did you do when you were in recovery?

lindend

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Trying the cache wipe now. Previously, with rooted 4.2.2, I used SuperSU and Voodoo RootKeeper. Reading through the forum threads, saw that Rootkeeper created issues so I uninstalled that prior to upgrade. However, I didn't uninstall SuperSU. Could that be problematic?

After reboot, I get the "Android is upgrading" and optimizing all apps dialog (same as what happened after the 4.2.2 to 4.3 OTA update). We'll see what happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helloworld