Creating Routines on the Note 20 5G

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
On the Note 8, I was using the Routines function in Good Lock for a few simple automatic tasks, such as turning wifi on/off when entering and leaving specific locations, or reducing screen brightness when connected to my vehicle after dark, etc, etc. Routines doesn't appear to be available in Good Lock on the Note 20, so what's the go-to app now? Bixby? Never been a big Bixby user, so I'm not overly familiar with how it works.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
On the Note 8, I was using the Routines function in Good Lock for a few simple automatic tasks, such as turning wifi on/off when entering and leaving specific locations, or reducing screen brightness when connected to my vehicle after dark, etc, etc. Routines doesn't appear to be available in Good Lock on the Note 20, so what's the go-to app now? Bixby? Never been a big Bixby user, so I'm not overly familiar with how it works.

You don't have to be a fan Bixby, but Bixby Routines is an awesome feature. I have several Routines setup & have never had a problem. All my Routines transfered over too with no problems. Started working with no input from me.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I guess that's where I'm confused with Bixby. I'm not seeing anything for automatic routines, just quick commands which requires me to interact vocally with Bixby. And that's not what I'm looking to do. I just want a few routines that happen automatically based on location or connected devices etc.

Can you get me pointed in the right direction for that?

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I guess that's where I'm confused with Bixby. I'm not seeing anything for automatic routines, just quick commands which requires me to interact vocally with Bixby. And that's not what I'm looking to do. I just want a few routines that happen automatically based on location or connected devices etc.

Can you get me pointed in the right direction for that?

Swipe down your notification panel & there's a toggle for them. Press & hold to open the app. After you open the app, it should ask if you want to add Routines to your app drawer....just another way to access them.

Attachments

• 1148.jpg
    1148.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 13