Cricket/AIO merging. What does this mean for us?

Geisterfahrer Mirxx

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
*****THIS HAS BEEN POSTED ON SEVERAL FORUMS*****

I got a text message on my phone today from Cricket. It told me Cricket and AIO have or are currently in the process of merging and gave me a link in the text for more info regarding what will happen and change during this transition.
Site: Home | New Cricket Merger Info

check it out for yourself. It gives less than ANY info. It does say though, that Cricket users will be required to buy a new device at some point when the merge is completed to continue to recieve service.

I bought my Samsung galaxy s3 from Cricket in early December.

It is 4g LTE compatible and uses a sim card, even though it says clearly throughout the Cricket site that they use CDMA devices.

Does this mean it can still be used after the merge, or will I STILL need to buy a new device? I believe it is a gsm compatible device.

I will include a picture of my phone, with the back cover showing it is a Cricket phone that has a sim card slot. That actually has a sim card in it.

1017149_1403192143278995_311506420_n.jpg

Who else has Cricket or AIO? What are your thoughts on this merge?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Sim cards don't mean GSM. My Verizon Galaxy Nexus has a Sim but can't be used any where other than Verizon. The need for a new phone maybe more a bureaucratic issue than limitations with the phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts