Cross Platform SMS

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I use Pulse SMS for my S10+ and the Pulse Chrome extension on Windows. However, using Pulse on iOS is done through web access to the Pulse site and typically doesn't work. Are there other options for doing what I want through an SMS app on my phone and Internet access on Windows and iOS? Any suggestions for a good one. I don't mind paying, but I don't want to use an app or anything that requires anyone to install to message back and forth. Thanks.

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I've used Samsung Messages, but not Googles Messages, which is available. I have a Google/Gmail account, but never messaged through it, so perhaps it's worth a try and should be available on iOS. As an aside, I use Yahoo for mail, but only because I like the My Yahoo feature because of its RSS features.

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I don't like the screen/view that appears when I open GM. I much prefer the conversation list that Pulse (and others) uses. I attached screenshots. I don't need a list of dozens of previous messages.

Screenshot_20210317-115920_Messages.jpg Screenshot_20210317-115846_Pulse.jpg

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again. I can archive in Pulse, but it's a pain with any app. Plus, I don't see a way to set particular notification sounds for each conversation thread, as I can with Pulse.

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you considered WhatsApp? I've used it from time to time.

Thanks, I gave it a quick look. Would it require everyone in my contacts to have the app? I'm not terribly clear on all of this, but I want something that, for example, allows me to send an SMS to any mobile number, from any device. I do know that some applications go through the Net.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Not many choices for SMS messaging to do what you want. Google Messages doesn't require iphone owners to have the app but some don't like the UI (like you). It requires some sacrifices.

Apps like Textra and Chomp have great customization but you can't text from a PC unless you use another 3rd party app which may cost extra.

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Not many choices for SMS messaging to do what you want. Google Messages doesn't require iphone owners to have the app but some don't like the UI (like you). It requires some sacrifices.

Apps like Textra and Chomp have great customization but you can't text from a PC unless you use another 3rd party app which may cost extra.

Thanks! Pulse does the most things that i want, but it's terribly buggy going through their site on iOS.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you considered getting a Google Voice number? I believe you can send and receive SMS via the web interface. Not sure if it would meet your other criteria, though.

jagrlover

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use Pulse SMS for my S10+ and the Pulse Chrome extension on Windows. However, using Pulse on iOS is done through web access to the Pulse site and typically doesn't work. Are there other options for doing what I want through an SMS app on my phone and Internet access on Windows and iOS? Any suggestions for a good one. I don't mind paying, but I don't want to use an app or anything that requires anyone to install to message back and forth. Thanks.

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but DeX let's you text from your computer.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Pulse does the most things that i want, but it's terribly buggy going through their site on iOS.

So you want the other person who has an iphone to be able to text you on a computer? OR do you have an iphone also?

Need more clarification.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I gave it a quick look. Would it require everyone in my contacts to have the app? I'm not terribly clear on all of this, but I want something that, for example, allows me to send an SMS to any mobile number, from any device. I do know that some applications go through the Net.

Yes, all of your contacts would have to have the app downloaded. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej