[Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6)

Masterjakeway

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I thought I would add a little tip for anyone using there phone to enter these commands. I copied each command line separately and texted them to my phone. That way I could press and hold txt>>copy message txt>> hold home/switch to term emulator>> paste>> repeat.

Then no need to type it. If you are on sprint network just email yourself like so:

Phone#@messaging.sprintpcs.com

The reason I opted for txt instead of email is because you dont have to manually select in texting, it gives option to copy entire message text. Hence if you send each command line separate you shall have all lines available for copy. Remember don't copy the # in each line.

I just copied then from the browser and pasted them in terminal...

farbeh

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Help!
I had Xionia rec and YOUR MOM ROM installed and all was fine until I factory reset through the phone menu. Now the recovery is reset to factory and I get stuck on the ADNROID splash screen. I can #shell but I cannot push any recovery image to the 000rooot as it is read only. I have reformatted the card and copied files from my PC backup to no avail.
Any ideas what commands work to write, sysrw doesn't work in shell.
Thanks

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
keeps on going back to stock recovery tried 9 times using terminal emulator it goes in but when i reboot it goes back to stock recovery phones rooted so please help

dizzean

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I have read everything and googled my heart out.

I am in the ADB shell with the # prompt and the 2nd command line the cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image produces an output of "No such file or directory" which I don't get.

I have both the flash_image and the flash_image.zip in the root of my SD card and I know I am rooted properly as I had the superuser prompt the first time I type su. Am I right in assuming that once I type the first mount command as long as the output reads the same then it is properly mounting? The only thing I can think is perhaps the mounting isn't working properly and thus I can't actually r/w to the SD card.

Any ideas?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I have read everything and googled my heart out.

I am in the ADB shell with the # prompt and the 2nd command line the cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image produces an output of "No such file or directory" which I don't get.

I have both the flash_image and the flash_image.zip in the root of my SD card and I know I am rooted properly as I had the superuser prompt the first time I type su. Am I right in assuming that once I type the first mount command as long as the output reads the same then it is properly mounting? The only thing I can think is perhaps the mounting isn't working properly and thus I can't actually r/w to the SD card.

Any ideas?

BOTH files must be unzipped and placed in the root of the SD (not in a folder)

Or if you want follow this link and set that up and use the option to just install xionia.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1381615

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dizzean

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
BOTH files must be unzipped and placed in the root of the SD (not in a folder)

Or if you want follow this link and set that up and use the option to just install xionia.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1381615

both files are unzipped in the root.

that link involves updating to ZVH from ZVD as the first step, doesn't that limit the ROM i can use and make it so I can't use CM7 anymore?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
both files are unzipped in the root.

that link involves updating to ZVH from ZVD as the first step, doesn't that limit the ROM i can use and make it so I can't use CM7 anymore?

It can be used just to install xionia and it does work to root zvd too

My guess is that you are miss typing something. If you don't want to use that utility, try cutting and pasting each script into cmd.

_mccauley26

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
when i tried this, all that comes up is a reboot option, an apply sdcard:update.zip option, a wipe data/factory reset option, and a wipe cache partition option... any help? :-\

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
what do i do when i enter everything in on terminal emulator?

Download the 2 files in the OP and unzip both of them to the root of the sdcard (not in a folder). Make sure you are rooted, then download terminal emulator from the market. Open terminal emulator and type "su" to enter superuser mode and you will now see the "#" before the command prompt. Now the easiest way at this point is to cut and paste each script into terminal emulator from the web browser or tapatalk ect. Just remember the # is NOT part of the script and should not be included in the pasted scripts.

At the end it should reboot into the newly installed xionia recovery. just make sure to accept all superuser requests.

Reactions: manquel

manquel

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Download the 2 files in the OP and unzip both of them to the root of the sdcard (not in a folder). Make sure you are rooted, then download terminal emulator from the market. Open terminal emulator and type "su" to enter superuser mode and you will now see the "#" before the command prompt. Now the easiest way at this point is to cut and paste each script into terminal emulator from the web browser or tapatalk ect. Just remember the # is NOT part of the script and should not be included in the pasted scripts.

At the end it should reboot into the newly installed xionia recovery. just make sure to accept all superuser requests.

thanks ur the best

Rizzoslim

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
It says "error opening /sdcard/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img no such file or directory" i think it might be like that because i didn't extract it. How do I?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CsPerry