CX5 won't read text messages

LVANS

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: CX5 won't read text messages EMOJI

I also had a problem with the system not reading my text messages. The tech team at the dealer told me that the system is not able to read emoticons/emoji. They walked me through a reset and informed me that Mazda should be releasing an update soon.

Trudy Sovie

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I just bought a 2014 Mazda CX5 and it has the stereo that connects to our phones with Bluetooth. So far all the audio and phone functions work, but it won't load text messages. I get the pop-up screen asking to load the message. But after a short time it says that it failed. Her GS3 is stock running 4.3. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know a fix? I love this car so far, but this is annoying me.

Posted via Android Central App

Trudy Sovie

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem, but on my phone the Assist app was already on my phone so I opened it. I clicked on the " read texts to me while driving" under the driving heading. Works like a charm now :)

Icecube86

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I deleted my Hangout messages and the texts did start downloading. However, when I select the text, there is nothing there. Anyone run into this?

Icecube86

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Marc, your advice worked for me on my 2014 Mazda CX5 and Samsung Galaxy. But now I get both emails and test messages. Anyone know how to stop the emails and only receive texts? I get way too many emails and do not want to receive those.

LindaC443

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Just fixed mine:
Step 1: Deleted the car from my phone's bluetooth paired devices - and restarted after I did so. (must do the restart).
Step 2: Deleted my phone from bluetooth devices on my Mazda (CX-5). Turned car off, waited 15 sec. turned car back on
Step 3: Paired devices.
Step 4: Downloaded messages - first download 'failed', second worked and I could read or listen to the messages.

FIXED!

I had tried the unpairing routine once before, but didn't turn the car off and on and I hadn't restarted my phone after deleting the car from my phone. Maybe that's the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia