Cyanogenmod for Incredible 2.

XCalibration17

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone using the Cyanogenmod 7 for the Incredible 2? If so, how does it run? Does anyone have any screenshots? I am just wanting to get an idea of how it looks and runs on the INC2. Thanks!

ifwillems

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the latest nightly build (8.31.2011) for about one week now. It works much much better than the stock version of Dinc2. Battery live has almost doubled now that Sense is gone. Device works crisper than before. There are still a few problems:
  1. Bluethooth only works for phone, not for music such as Pandora or mp3 player
  2. you cannot use a headset with the phone, because the microphone doesn't work.
The cool think is that Google Talk with video works now too. I tried it over the weekend for the first time and it worked very well. One caveat: After about 15 minutes on a video call the phone itself had become very hot to the touch, So I stopped the video chat because I was afraid that the heat might damage something.

All in all I am very satisfied with the rooted Dinc2!

Ivo

notluK

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Can I still use headphones with music? I listen to alot of music on my phone.

My headphones work perfectly, I'm on Pandora with them now! :)

Here are a couple screens of CM7:

VwqJq.png

8Zbll.png

qEkmz.png

skyboxer

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Can I still use headphones with music? I listen to alot of music on my phone.

As above, and if you download poweramp, you can set it up to start playing music whenever you insert the headphones and pause when you take them out. Enabling long press volume to change tracks allows you to play music without ever turning the screen on.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

Rhayader27510

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been running CM7 build 56 since it came out at the end of August, and it's been great so far. Much snappier and more responsive than the bloated stock Sense.

Yes, you can use headphones. From what I understand, the bug is that when headphones are connected, the microphone does not work. So you can't use headphones and talk on the phone at the same time. Other than that though, the headphone jack works fine.

ifwillems

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I have bluetooth now also working. So the only think that I can't get to work is the microphone on the device once I have a headset plugged in.

Michors.IV

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
just got the latest nightly of cyanogenmod, but it won't let me sync my contacts at all. it keeps taking me to the "add an exchange account"screen. so i enter in my email and password. it goes to retrieving account information. then server settings. i hit next and it tells me "setup could not finish unable to open connection to the server". any thoughts as to what i'm doing wrong? thanks in advance for your help.

skyboxer

May 11, 2011
Visit site
That happened to me the first time I installed cm. I hadn't installed GAPPS also. Looks like cm even strips away the stuff needed to connect to your Google account. I don't have a link handy but I bet If you search for GAPPS you'll find what you need.

Reactions: Michors.IV

Michors.IV

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
That happened to me the first time I installed cm. I hadn't installed GAPPS also. Looks like cm even strips away the stuff needed to connect to your Google account. I don't have a link handy but I bet If you search for GAPPS you'll find what you need.

thanks man, i'm gonna give that search.

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I ran CM7 for quite awhile. I loved a lot about it. The earpiece will be much lower in volume unless you use the Tiamat kernal (I hear that fixes it.). I left CM7 to return back to Sense because GSM support is not seamless. My battery life and phone speed were much better with CM7.

anon(415574)

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Have been running CM7 since a few days after I got the phone. It's an incredible ROM.

The 8x versions of the nightlies gave me a lot of issues, I have since reverted back to 55 and all is well.

Make sure you flash the Tiamat kernel to fix the low call volume issue.

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I did flash cm7 and it was good. Since I flashed MIUI, I can't go back to anything else. The customization is just great and it just works great. I loved CM7 with my droid eris, but MIUI is my new love.

Michors.IV

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone running the 9x nightlies? are they as buggy as the 8x ones? Thinking about going back to cm7 just because I'm bored with virtuous 3.0.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
OK who's using the new stable 7.1.0 release? Thinking of flashing it but was wondering what bugs or snags there might be.

EDIT: OK, the people in this thread over at xda are saying this stable release isn't so stable and has numerous problems. And here's the official thread, in which people also gripe about it and the developer gets angry at them and threatens to drop support for the Dinc2 and then everybody makes nice and then the developer says he's working on the major issues. Guess I'll go Virtuous Unity again until the next decimal point update.

Last edited:

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
OK who's using the new stable 7.1.0 release? Thinking of flashing it but was wondering what bugs or snags there might be.

EDIT: OK, the people in this thread over at xda are saying this stable release isn't so stable and has numerous problems. And here's the official thread, in which people also gripe about it and the developer gets angry at them and threatens to drop support for the Dinc2 and then everybody makes nice and then the developer says he's working on the major issues. Guess I'll go Virtuous Unity again until the next decimal point update.

I read that as well. I am seeing a lot of people saying nightly 85 is the last really stable release. Some are saying that the move to Android 2.3.7 might be when things got messed up with data. I hope they fix it soon because I am itching to try the latest builds.

Michors.IV

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
With the crappy attitude of this particular developer I'm thinking of just forgetting about Cyanogenmod entirely. Idgaf if he has the flu or not. These people need to realize we, the user base, are their bread and butter and don't deserve to be treated with derision and threats because they released something under the pretense of being stable when it is clearly not. Yes, I'm aware of the disclaimers that they, and other AOSP dev's ask you to read before flashing and installing their software, but there comes a time when that just doesn't fly, and I believe it's when they release software under false pretenses.
There's a reason why nightlies exist, and it's for ROM's like this that haven't been fully tested and the bugs haven't been fully realized and flushed out. (by the dev's own admission he hadn't tested the ROM on verizon before releasing it)
Understand also, that I came from a Fascinate, so I'm very patient with bugs in my software, but this guy's attitude is just ridiculous and has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
With the crappy attitude of this particular developer I'm thinking of just forgetting about Cyanogenmod entirely. Idgaf if he has the flu or not. These people need to realize we, the user base, are their bread and butter and don't deserve to be treated with derision and threats because they released something under the pretense of being stable when it is clearly not. Yes, I'm aware of the disclaimers that they, and other AOSP dev's ask you to read before flashing and installing their software, but there comes a time when that just doesn't fly, and I believe it's when they release software under false pretenses.
There's a reason why nightlies exist, and it's for ROM's like this that haven't been fully tested and the bugs haven't been fully realized and flushed out. (by the dev's own admission he hadn't tested the ROM on verizon before releasing it)
Understand also, that I came from a Fascinate, so I'm very patient with bugs in my software, but this guy's attitude is just ridiculous and has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Whoa! Watch out for that glass house! I'd be pissed if I were this developer too, listening to all this crap from people. Listen to you. You're not entitled to anything. You're getting something totally free that you didn't have to do anything for and don't have to use if you don't want to. It's an entirely optional, at-your-own-risk, voluntarily-offered, unofficial thing made by some regular guy just like you. Did we see "stable" and expect it to not have problems? Yes. And since it did, do we get to harangue the guy for this free thing he set out for the benefit of anyone who wanted it? To say we don't give a F if he has the flu? That his efforts just don't fly? Who are you that you get to demand anything from these guys? Step in and fix it yourself if you're so much better. And if not, either take what other people worked hard to provide you with and say thank you or don't take it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao