Daily Mail app keeps crashign on my Pixel 7 / Android 13

Saintor

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
I wonder if some people have issues with the Daily Mail app? It never happened before on multiple phones. Now I have two new things , a Pixel 7 that came with Android 13.

I uninstalled it and re-installed it. No change. Anybody has a similar experience?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try also clearing the app cache/data for Daily Mail in Settings>Apps​, then force stop it, and open it again. Does the problem persist?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree, send feedback to the developer -- if multiple other users are experiencing this same issue, they should fix it ASAP.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Pixel phones would be the last that I would expect to have issues with an app on Google Play. Daily Mail app worked fined for years with my Samsung S4/S7/S10. Problem with DM/Pixel 7 has been not only with me.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dai...AeACAAVyIAVySAQExmAEAoAEBsAEK&sclient=gws-wiz

I can still use the web version, but I am flabbergasted (and somehow missing my Samsungs).

The thing to remember about Pixels is that they get updated monthly (with the occasional skipped month due to bugs in the update). Sometimes an update can cause apps to misbehave -- it might be due to a bug in the update, but it might also be the developer not keeping up properly with Google's current Android code.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The other thing to remember about Pixels is that nobody usesthem.

It makes sense to optimise for Samsung, because that's what your app is probably being viewed on.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
The other thing to remember about Pixels is that nobody usesthem.

It makes sense to optimise for Samsung, because that's what your app is probably being viewed on.

Hey lot's of folks use them... they just don't feel the need to brag about it, they prefer to hide it in shame :p Who knows I might even use one......... maybe lol.

Reactions: mustang7757

Saintor

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
My daughter's P7 DM app also crashes. I sent a message to the developer linked in Google Play. Unsure if it is P7 or Android 13 related.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you look through their recent reviews on the Play Store, there are a lot of complaints about crashes, and not just recently. It points to poor coding, which increases the risk of new crashes after a system update. I would still say the root problem is with the app, not the phone.:-\

gertwamley

Aug 24, 2023
Visit site
I wonder if some people have issues with the Daily Mail app? It never happened before on multiple phones. Now I have two new things , a Pixel 7 that came with Android 13.

I uninstalled it and re-installed it. No change. Anybody has a similar experience?
Same here, I just bought a pixel 7 pro, very same thing, uninstalled daily mail app twice, and reinstalled, still keeps freezing, it's going straight back where I bought it from, and back to a Samsung.