Darker 'translucent' Lines When I Change Brightness On My Galaxy S7 Edge

Abbyoxo

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
TWICE this has happened to me now within 4 months. There is no easy fix. First time phone was sent and 'repaired'...clearly not! Will now be asking for a replacement phone. This is more serious than Samsung are letting on. Imagine how many people can't be bothered to share that this has happened to them too ?!

Mark Malla

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi there , I'm suffering from same problem as yours, it just happened with me yesterday, i did the same factory reset but yet not working , i guess it has some hardware issue with light sensor , software .How about you, did you fix it ? Do the service provide have any repairable warranty on this problem occured?

Itsxtract

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
FINALLY FOUND THE PROBLEM ON MY OWN!! so there's that button that looks like the sun on the left side of you brightness bar in the notifications tab. Press that and it goes back to normal. I feel so good to find that out by myself

saint_mykel

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
Bought my S7 edge last July/August and just this morning the black translucent lines appeared on my screens.... Did not use it the entire night since I was busy working.... Not so sure if this will be replaced since I live in the Philippines but hopefully my service provider would replace this....

saint_mykel

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
FINALLY FOUND THE PROBLEM ON MY OWN!! so there's that button that looks like the sun on the left side of you brightness bar in the notifications tab. Press that and it goes back to normal. I feel so good to find that out by myself

do you have a pic? can you please show it to me?

Billh9341

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I stopped the lines by going to display in my settings. There is a button the ask to keep phone off while in your pocket. Turn it on! This stopped the lines.

Dreamless Kai

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
have the same issues since today..I'll try to deal with the twilight app temporary fix..and hope this will disappear .heard that after weeks/months it goes away .i can't do anything else because I m out of warranty ...cracked the front glass .and I hesitate about changing the display since I heard people saying that they got the same thing even with changing the display...
I love Samsung but I have to say..I was hyped for this phone..worked hard and looked forward to get it but when I finally did I got this weeks after.I m disappointed Samsung .really disappointed

Martinstal

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
This is happening with my phone as well, and the dark and light translucent lines are only evident as you decrease from full brightness. How has everyone got these issues resolved?
Thanks
Martin

xxRenz 01

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Had this same issue 6 months ago and it just fixed itself like a week ago and never came back, tried replacing it but i was over the 1 week warranty for replacement for defects, so i just waited and hope for the best that it will eventually fix itself like others did and so it fixed itself, i read a post about this kind of problem and they are saying that this is a hardware defect,

Sunday Obayopo

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
I discovered this problem today and i have been turning on and off but it persist.
I switched from iphone to Samsung for the first time but i am having this problem.This is discouraging couple with the fact that i still have a lot on my contract.
This is really sad.
Have we find a way out pls?

k_rashid

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
I just had the exact same thing happen to me! I had an iPhone 6 and it was time for an upgrade, but I didn't think (and still don't) that the iPhon 7 was worth it, so I took a shot with the s7 edge. I got it in October and all of a sudden these lines have appeared and won't go away. I've tried everythinga nd nothing seems to work. I took it to T-Mobile and all they offered was to replace it with a refurbished phone, but to be quite honest, I think i'll just go back to my iPhone. There goes me trying to get back onto Android, guess Apple really does do it better.
Hi all,

so I have been desperately trying to look EVERYWHERE on the internet about my problem and I have had zero luck, so hopefully someone on here can lead me in the right direction.

At the more towards end of April I bought a Galaxy S7 Edge, I was really excited about it sense I have been an avid iPhone user and I wasn't happy at all w/ my iPhone 6 Plus. (I digress) Everything was working perfectly... until about 2 weeks ago.

As I was using my Facebook app, my phone froze for only 3 seconds (first time the phone even froze at all on me) and then right after that I saw I had these thick, dark, 'translucent' lines across my phone screen and it only works when I have the phone turned on full brightness and they only show up when I'm trying to change the brightness setting.

Side note: I HATE having my phone on full brightness (O_O like holy shet I'm blind yo).

I thought it was odd so I rebooted the phone, and they were still there, I started to panic a bit as it was a new phone but I was way past the 15 return policy.

So basically my question is: Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you have to do? Where you able to fix it yourself or did you have to take it in to your mobile phone carrier's store? Or did you have to talk to Samsung?

ANY info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I just had the exact same thing happen to me! I had an iPhone 6 and it was time for an upgrade, but I didn't think (and still don't) that the iPhon 7 was worth it, so I took a shot with the s7 edge. I got it in October and all of a sudden these lines have appeared and won't go away. I've tried everythinga nd nothing seems to work. I took it to T-Mobile and all they offered was to replace it with a refurbished phone, but to be quite honest, I think i'll just go back to my iPhone. There goes me trying to get back onto Android, guess Apple really does do it better.

Apple has its problems too.. I don't see a big deal they offered you a refurbished replacement... That's what Apple gives you too when you have a problem.

angelo dato

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Just signed up to comment on this. I had the line problem and tried reboot, factory reset to no avail. Lucky this problem showed up 3 weeks before my warranty expires. They changed the screen and the LCD and got it within 2 days. I would say this is the best fix. I read at other forums or videos its really risky to change just the LCD or just the screen as both are delicately attached to each other. Hope this helps.

stormer4444

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone , i have a solution for this problem and it repaired itself , all i done is putting it on airplane mode and charging for 3 days and used another phone , then i found it normal again

1234tyson

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
I have this dark line problem. Is it me or has this problem come about since last samsung up date or is it just a coincident. Since the last up date freezing and dark lines across screen . Let me no if I am not the only one who thinks this

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay