darn qpst settings

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello all i have searched all over for a non paid solution to get qpst settings to stick on the sprint optimus s. I have my phone have flashed but data is not working I have a feeling its because the qpst setting not sticking to the phone. If anyone can give me a free solution that would be a awesome. BTW I did use the search checked over at xda checked everywhere so please dont flame me on using the search button.

athanos

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Some more information might be helpful to anyone who can help out. Such as what recovery and rom you are running. This information can be very helpful in determining what the issue might be. Have you tried a different rom, etc., etc.? Let us know and we might be able to help you out.

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
oops sorry for lack of info. Im fully rooted with nameless rom and xionia recovery. Would updating kernal do anything. Im pretty talented when it comes to phones but just really stumped on this one.

ravioli

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello all i have searched all over for a non paid solution to get qpst settings to stick on the sprint optimus s. I have my phone have flashed but data is not working I have a feeling its because the qpst setting not sticking to the phone. If anyone can give me a free solution that would be a awesome. BTW I did use the search checked over at xda checked everywhere so please dont flame me on using the search button.

Are you trying to change your PRL?

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
'non paid solution" sounds like you are trying to edit your m.ip settings to allow you data on another provider.

Yep thats the settings that wont stick. As far as software version I just downgraded to ls670vd to see if the settings would stick but no matter what software version i use it doesnt work. Also my phone is rooted and running nameless rom. The prl im using is cricket prl 32200. Thanks guys

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Yep thats the settings that wont stick. As far as software version I just downgraded to ls670vd to see if the settings would stick but no matter what software version i use it doesnt work. Also my phone is rooted and running nameless rom. The prl im using is cricket prl 32200. Thanks guys

Ahhh, Cricket. This is a Sprint based ROM as you know. Not sure how to help you out here.

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Try this stuff

Make a nandroid before anything. Since you already have voice i just got the data stuff from 2 separate places for the Droid and other android phones. Cant hurt to try though. I don't have an extra Optimus or Cricket so i can't try this stuff. And you do have data added to your account already right?

if you have QPST open it on the com port 10 read your settings. under MIP mip2,,PPP(Um,AN...etc it should say 6155555551@mycricket.com etc in the right columns....in the bottom box password may need to be written to phone, just type in cricket for both Um and An, cricket is the password.

Also select mobile ip+simple ip under MiP tab
select write to phone

Open the Voice Dialer on the phone and say ?Open APNs? and click open.

If you can't get this to open then get a program from the market called APN backup and restore. Open this and click backup. This will create an xml file on your sd card in the apn backup restore folder. mount your phone as usb .(save a copy of the xml just in case on your pc.) open the xml on the sd card with notepad (notepad ++) on a pc and change everything to what is below. Click save and then unmount from usb. Then on your phone open apn backup & restore again. Click delete APNs. Then restore APNs. Then continue to next directions.

Click on the APN and edit everything to match below:
Name - Cricket
APN internet
Proxy wap.mycricket.com:8080
Port 8080
Username yourphonenumber@mycricket.com
Password cricket
Server wap.mycricket.com
MMSC http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy wap.mycricket.com
MMS Port 8080
MCC 310
MNC 004
Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
APN type <Not set>

Now click the menu button and click Save.

Go to XDA
[Follow directions under requirements]and get the Cricket files then flash them in recovery. The files contain some scripts and the files required to forward connections through the proxy. Dont forget to get autostart.

Reboot phone and see if data works.

If it works we can write it up cleaner and give credit to those various people so that others may benefit. If it doesn't work you are no worse off than before.

PS i said make backups so im not responsible for anything.

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
QPST and Optimus

I would like to know how to read and write fully with QPST. I wanted to tweak some settings, but it won't even read. Running Sprint VD Nameless

I am using QPST 2.7 build 323. You need your MSL/SPC to use QPST. Be careful what you edit and always make backups in Nandroid.

Connect your phone to your PC by USB. Phone must be in USB debugging mode and you need those drivers installed on your PC.

Open QPST Configuration. Select Ports tab. Click add new port

Deselect Show Serial and USB/QC Dignostic ports only

Add the ports one by one that say USB/Unknown until SURF6025 shows in the box.

Click Start Clients in the menu bar and select Service Programming.

When it opens your phone should be selected and you click ok. Then click Read from phone. Enter your SPC in the box that comes up and it will populate the tabs. Might get an error saying something about the phone stopped responding.

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Make a nandroid before anything. Since you already have voice i just got the data stuff from 2 separate places for the Droid and other android phones. Cant hurt to try though. I don't have an extra Optimus or Cricket so i can't try this stuff. And you do have data added to your account already right?

if you have QPST open it on the com port 10 read your settings. under MIP mip2,,PPP(Um,AN...etc it should say 6155555551@mycricket.com etc in the right columns....in the bottom box password may need to be written to phone, just type in cricket for both Um and An, cricket is the password.

Also select mobile ip+simple ip under MiP tab
select write to phone

Open the Voice Dialer on the phone and say “Open APNs” and click open.

If you can't get this to open then get a program from the market called APN backup and restore. Open this and click backup. This will create an xml file on your sd card in the apn backup restore folder. mount your phone as usb .(save a copy of the xml just in case on your pc.) open the xml on the sd card with notepad (notepad ++) on a pc and change everything to what is below. Click save and then unmount from usb. Then on your phone open apn backup & restore again. Click delete APNs. Then restore APNs. Then continue to next directions.

Click on the APN and edit everything to match below:
Name - Cricket
APN internet
Proxy wap.mycricket.com:8080
Port 8080
Username yourphonenumber@mycricket.com
Password cricket
Server wap.mycricket.com
MMSC http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy wap.mycricket.com
MMS Port 8080
MCC 310
MNC 004
Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
APN type <Not set>

Now click the menu button and click Save.

Go to XDA
[Follow directions under requirements]and get the Cricket files then flash them in recovery. The files contain some scripts and the files required to forward connections through the proxy. Dont forget to get autostart.

Reboot phone and see if data works.

If it works we can write it up cleaner and give credit to those various people so that others may benefit. If it doesn't work you are no worse off than before.

PS i said make backups so im not responsible for anything.

Ok finally got the settings to stick in qpst using the modified apn file. xda solution did not work. I still don't have full internet but I think were halfway there now the the settings are sticking. as far as internet its taking me to mycricket.com automatically even if I type in google.com or msn.com and at 1x not evdo speed. Damn so close. Captmeach i'm gonna post my apn settings to you both the original and the one you told me to do. ill be doing more experimenting later gonna catch some shut eye.

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
update

after I restored the new apn I then went back to qspt and redid all the passwords and now the evdo is working the only problem is it takes me to mycricket.com still. I have not tried mms yet but will do it later. Right now im on the cricket 45 dollar plan I can not goto the android plan since its a flashed phone. So now in search for a work around to get the data to correctly work.

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
So it loads to the cricket portal? But no other web sites? Maybe you need to try it with a data plan added.And you should be able to get them to add data even though it's a customer provided phone.

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
well you cant get the internet for free. all these people flashing to cricket are on the android data plan or they have web added to their plan.

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I understand that but the problem is cricket won't let people with flashed android plans get on the 55 android plan. So was looking for a work around. As an example when I log onto my cricket account on a pc and try to upgrade to the android plan its all greyed out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals41