Dashboard mount?

s0n1c

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the market for a decent dashboard mount for the charge. I'd prefer something that doesn't suction to the windshield because the windshield of my car is at a slope that makes mounting stuff difficult. I like the idea of the proclip mounts, but they don't have one for the charge yet, and also every other clip they make doesn't allow you to use a case while it's in the clip.

I did find this clip, but I don't know what to expect of it.
Samsung Droid Charge Car Mount | Arkon Windshield and Dashboard Mount for Droid Charge

I'm just curious for others' input on this topic.

aschindler

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the Droid Charge specific dashboard mount and returned it. The adhesive didn't stick to the dashboard and suctioning to the windshield is an eyesore. Also, I had to take the phone out of my case every time. Not worth it for the benefit of leaving the charger plugged into the mount.

Instead I got this universal (any type of phone) mount that Verizon sells in it's stores that clips into an air conditioning vent. I love it! Very very secure, and swivels to landscape for navigating. Holds any phone with any case.

I don't usually use the car charger unless my battery is low or it's a long trip, but I do plug in a mini-jack every ride. The other end plugs into my car stereo and I listen to Pandora through the car stereo. With Verizon's 3G I can set Pandora on the high quality setting and get great reception.

lrdiaz

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Love my Samsung Car Dock. Have it on the Windshield, and what I really like is the ability to run the power and sound cables to the dock itself. So, just pop in/out the device. Purchased it @ VZW store along with the Desk Stand. Very happy with both.

Reactions: neverdye

jimheem

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I really like the Charge car dock as well, it's solid, and I like not having to replug the power and audio cables.. but.. and this is going to end up being a deal breaker if I can't figure out how to work around it - the audio quality it HORRIBLE. I have a feeling it's something in the software that is causing the audio for the "line out" to be stripped of any quality. it's all high end, no low end at all. Sound through the headphone jack is fine.

Anyone else experience this?

squid267

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the Droid Charge specific dashboard mount and returned it. The adhesive didn't stick to the dashboard and suctioning to the windshield is an eyesore. Also, I had to take the phone out of my case every time. Not worth it for the benefit of leaving the charger plugged into the mount.

Instead I got this universal (any type of phone) mount that Verizon sells in it's stores that clips into an air conditioning vent. I love it! Very very secure, and swivels to landscape for navigating. Holds any phone with any case.

I don't usually use the car charger unless my battery is low or it's a long trip, but I do plug in a mini-jack every ride. The other end plugs into my car stereo and I listen to Pandora through the car stereo. With Verizon's 3G I can set Pandora on the high quality setting and get great reception.

can you try to find the link to that? i'd love to buy that.

digmydroidx

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes i noticed the sound was aweful too...thankfully the earhone jack on the phone is still usable when in the dock.

Sent from my awesome Droid Charge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796