Data Connectivity Verizon G3

RodoBabbins

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
After having gone through the Verizon Lollipop update, factory refresh I've been having an issue when coming from a wifi connection to the regular cellular data. It loses that connection. Meaning after leaving home I have to restart the phone in order for it to connect to the cellular data network.

This occurs many times, sometimes doesn't one day but happens the next several days. It happens when getting out of range of a connected wifi. Doesn't matter where, occurs at work, home, parents. Not sure what else I can do as I really don't want to go through another factory refresh but, if I have too :(

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Two things:

There exists a glitch with lollipop where if the phone soft-resets it will lose mobile data connection. I've personally seen this happen. 5.1 will address this, I believe.

A quicker way to resolve this issue (workaround) is to run a "killall rild" command from terminal emulator. This most likely requires root, but is 100 times faster than a reboot.

I understand that neither of these will probably help you, but I figured I would add my information to the discussion.

RodoBabbins

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for that,

I'm sure Verizon is working right on the update and get it out to the masses quickly /s but in all seriousness a very annoying bug. I'll try rooting and the method you had mentioned.

snolds

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. Instead of a reboot I just turn off mobile data then turn it back on. Still a pain, but not as bad as a reboot.

RodoBabbins

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to try that next time. Very annoying in having to do this everytime I leave home, leave work for lunch and later when I leave to head back home.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Just another reason why I won't be updating any time soon. Also, I'm plenty happy with my rooted / KitKat / 12B version.

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon LG G3 and not received the Lollipop 5.0 update yet. From the sounds of it, I'll wait for 5.1.

Posted via the Android Central App

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just another reason why I won't be updating any time soon. Also, I'm plenty happy with my rooted / KitKat / 12B version.

This is what I did for the longest time - completely avoided 5.0, but I gave 6.0 a shot and I'm really liking it - no issues. Of course - if it ain't broke ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks