December update

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Pixel updates become available on the first Monday of the month, so it won't be out until 12/5.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I just installed the December update and when it completed, there was a a very useful summary of most of the new FEATURES DROP.
I'd like to have a copy for future reference. Whee is that file? Can ir be downloaded? Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Look in your App Drawer for the Pixel Tips app -- it's there.

I really wish Google would adopt a uniform naming scheme. As it now stands I don't know if one of their apps has Google Prepended (Google, Google Fi, Google One, Google TV, etc) to its name or something like GPay, Gmail, or is just some named app like Home, Maps, Meet, Photos, Playstore, News, Podcast, Voice (which does not even incorporate the Google colors in its icon), etc, etc....

So, what does Google Tips look like? Or what is it called? Oh, PIXEL Tips. But I don't see what updates included???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I really wish Google would adopt a uniform naming scheme. As it now stands I don't know if one of their apps has Google Prepended (Google, Google Fi, Google One, Google TV, etc) to its name or something like GPay, Gmail, or is just some named app like Home, Maps, Meet, Photos, Playstore, News, Podcast, Voice (which does not even incorporate the Google colors in its icon), etc, etc....

So, what does Google Tips look like? Or what is it called? Oh, PIXEL Tips. But I don't see what updates included???

I agree with the naming. I think it's just a symptom of how huge and decentralized Google is.:-\

If you open Pixel Tips, the main thing you should see is "Your Pixel got more helpful", with the main highlights below.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree with the naming. I think it's just a symptom of how huge and decentralized Google is.:-\

If you open Pixel Tips, the main thing you should see is "Your Pixel got more helpful", with the main highlights below.
Am I the only one frustrated that there's a "clear calling" toggle but it doesn't work on our phones?... That seems like a pretty crappy thing to do. "Oh hey, look at this new feature. Wanna turn it on? Well TOO BAD!"

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one frustrated that there's a "clear calling" toggle but it doesn't work on our phones?... That seems like a pretty crappy thing to do. "Oh hey, look at this new feature. Wanna turn it on? Well TOO BAD!"

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Wait, so it's greyed out for you?

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Wait, so it's greyed out for you?
Not greyed out. The toggle just doesn't... toggle. (Screen record attached)

3f6782cac34ddc7fe5a9d1d393b8237c.gif

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah its in settings>sounds And vibration
Toggle works for me , maybe try in safe mode?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21