Decent Netflix Alternative

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Like everyone else, I was pretty bummed when the update made Netflix unusable. But I discovered another way that the update actually enabled. Long before I had Netflix, I had PlayOn on my EVO, and it seemed to work well for just about everything EXCEPT Netflix. Every time I tried to play from my Netflix queue I got some message about a null stream.

Now, after updating to Gingerbread, Netflix suddenly streams just fine through PlayOn on the EVO. Yeah, it's an extra $4.95/mo for a subscription to PlayOn, but if you just HAVE to have Netflix until their own app is fixed....

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
PlayOn is great. You can stream Netlfix, Hulu and alot of other channels. I use it for my game systems and my EVO. Who needs cable?

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Like everyone else, I was pretty bummed when the update made Netflix unusable. But I discovered another way that the update actually enabled. Long before I had Netflix, I had PlayOn on my EVO, and it seemed to work well for just about everything EXCEPT Netflix. Every time I tried to play from my Netflix queue I got some message about a null stream.

Now, after updating to Gingerbread, Netflix suddenly streams just fine through PlayOn on the EVO. Yeah, it's an extra $4.95/mo for a subscription to PlayOn, but if you just HAVE to have Netflix until their own app is fixed....

I have tried the trial version of Playon.However, it was a hit and miss for me.
and I for one don't like to keep my computer on 24/7 or when I'am away from home.

I did wait to see if Netflix was going to work with Gingerbread.
As we all know? I'm glad I did

I'm just going to stick with my froyo until either Netflix becomes unusable? or that a
Netflix app for Gingerbread works.