Default Apps

aclayej#AC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I know how to set default apps under settings and how to clear them as well, but its not working for me now. After I installed Beyondpod Beta the other week some apps have lost defaults. When I get a new gmail message it comes up to select which default app. I click the check box and click Gmail but it doesn't work since it does it every time.

I'm not sure if its Beyond Pod or not. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my HTC One X

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I know how to set default apps under settings and how to clear them as well, but its not working for me now. After I installed Beyondpod Beta the other week some apps have lost defaults. When I get a new gmail message it comes up to select which default app. I click the check box and click Gmail but it doesn't work since it does it every time.

I'm not sure if its Beyond Pod or not. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my HTC One X

You get a gmail message. Gmail pops up a notification saying you have a gmail.
You pull down the notification and tap the Gmail message.

Is that when you are asked what app to use?

Does it give you a choice of apps? If so what are the choices?

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

aclayej#AC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that's exactly what happens. It gives me Gmail or Beyond Pod as an option. So I'm thinking its Beyond Pod causing the problem since it is a beta release.

Sent from my HTC One X

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
And, I'm assuming you tried checking Use as default, then tapping Gmail, and that setting didn't stick?
(There have been other people mentioning this in other threads).

If you go into BeyondPod settings, does it have a place where it knows your gmail address or references email in any way?
Does it have an option of getting pod casts emailed to you? That's the only reason it should publish an intent for email.

If this isn't a feature mentioned by the developers for the Beta, I would report it as a bug. It should not be publishing an
intent to handle email. There is nothing listed in permissions regarding email for the production version, but I have
no clue about the beta.

aclayej#AC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I believe its fixed now. An update was released yesterday and I got mail from gmail and it went to it instead of bringing up the default menu. So maybe it was Beyond Pod and its fixed.

Sent from my HTC One X

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
For the record, I saw the same thing with my Acer A700 tablet today when an email arrived and it prompted
for use of gmail or 920 Editor (a text editor app).

I checked the box, selected Gmail, and it stuck.
I also sent the developer of 920 an email asking why his app thinks it should handle gmail.
No answer yet.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell