Delete icon gone from my gallery... can't delete pics

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I used to have a delete icon when viewing pics in my gallery. All I would have to do is tap on it to delete pics. Now, it's gone... and I have to either long press to select pics to delete or press menu then delete. Kind of annoying.

Any idea how to get the delete icon back??? screenshot below (delete icon used to be in the top right with the other icons)

5rbjIb8.jpg

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
lol, yes I know...

Did you not read my post?

Lol sorry I missed that part... I'm not sure why they removed it... I'd suggest using QuickPic as a replacement of the stock Gallery app... It's much better I think u would like it

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE

taynxtlvl

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
This last update killed several features that people actually liked and used. The delete button for you.The access of my music player for me via the lockscreen. Can we go back to the way we were?

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
This last update killed several features that people actually liked and used. The delete button for you.The access of my music player for me via the lockscreen. Can we go back to the way we were?

I can access the music player still. Not sure what you mean.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Lol sorry I missed that part... I'm not sure why they removed it... I'd suggest using QuickPic as a replacement of the stock Gallery app... It's much better I think u would like it

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE
I have QuickPic and the stock Gallery and even thought I like the way QuickPic behaves, the edit picture setting in Gallery is better than the other one .... I don't know if you have tried this feature. Do you have an advise on this ??

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have QuickPic and the stock Gallery and even thought I like the way QuickPic behaves, the edit picture setting in Gallery is better than the other one .... I don't know if you have tried this feature. Do you have an advise on this ??

Yeah, I just use QuickPic for the gallery but when it comes to editing, I use the stock editing one
Or if you want a good editing app, get this one

Photo Editor
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.iudesk.android.photo.editor&token=aSwmdip8

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. Been messing about with my phone and have stupidly deleted the gallery icon from my galaxy s4. Dont know how to get it back. Can anyone help please?
I assume you mean you removed the gallery app icon from one of your pages. If that's the case, just long press on a blank area of a page, which will open a menu list that includes apps and widgets; click on apps and widgets to open the list of available apps and widgets; find the gallery app, click on the icon, and drag it where you want it on the page.

joemontana

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! I was reading this thread, and even though it's old it has some great info.
Quick pics and photo editor are great finds!

Joe , Kalispell, MT
Posted via Android Central App

melomeh

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. But it's only when the phone is in portrait mode. The delete button reappears in landscape mode.

I have the same issue...............

No delete button in portrait mode, only the retarded screen mirroring, share and edit.

Anyone got any ideas? its really annoying

angelica_rvg

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
my gallery was lost suddenly (icon and app itself) on my s4

can somebody please help me on this.. how can i retrieve or restore my lost gallery.. i did not delete the icon,,suddenly it just disappeared on my phone.. thank you

rohankm21

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: my gallery was lost suddenly (icon and app itself) on my s4

I had the same problem. Check that your photos are not linked to Picasa Web Albums. If they are, disable through the settings of Picasa and then they will be stored in your main gallery and be deletable.!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buyonbudget