Desktop charging dock

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering about this dock for a while now, but the more I live with my Inc, the more I think I wouldn't want a landscape doc at all. The beauty of Sense is the home-screens and how much you can do directly from there, but they don't work in landscape. So the dock would only be good for specific tasks (watch a video, keep the stock ticker up, etc), and not as a way to charge the phone (with its atrocious battery life) while keeping it useful. I want a vertical doc -- is the Seidio out yet?

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
2010-05-13140733.jpg

:D

ellegood

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I concur with All. I made my own charging dock with lincoln logs, super glue and a drill. I just wish I could root myself or develop.
HTC Incredible S O S please

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Looking through box of old phone and stuff as we speak. Have to be able to find something that will work.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe it out of 10 different cradles none of them will even remotely come close to being useful no matter how much I engineer them.

makya53

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I hacked up my old storm dock and it looks like cheap but works. Yours looks great.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

angel35

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the problem with a dock for the Incredible is the port is on the side instead of the bottom. If they would have left in on the bottom they could have just retooled the Eris dock with a microUSB port. But, if anyone finds one, let us know. For now, I'm getting a mini to micro USB adapter and using my Eris dock.

What about the moto Droid isnt the port on the side?? Does the Moto Droid have a dock will it fit inc :)

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Seidio and VZW both have desktop chargers in the works, but neither have released them yet.

Seidio - Your Single Source for Premium Smartphone Accessories

Can't find the link to the VZW one right off hand.

Seidio's will be "smarter" as it will auto clock the device when you plug it in, but they have never indicated yet when they will have it other than to tell me that the feature won't be in the VZW version.

Of course the feature doesn't mean anything if there is no product.

Have been looking since before the phone was released. Plan on getting two, one for home and one for work. Really the only missing peripheral I am looking for right now other than a possible vehicle mount, but that would need to be custom anyway.

newdroidnewb

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I made it out of a microUSB cable and an old Motorola Q dock I had laying around

Nice work. You may want to think about selling those ;)
I actually just use my BB Tour dock and manually plug the cable in the side. Its cheesy, but it holds my Phone up on the nightstand so I can see it while its charging.

unfortunately there's no way I've found to auto launch the desk clock app when docked

I use an app called Kaloer Clock from the market. Its a great clock app and perfect substitute for anyone wanting a blackberry bedside mode style clock. It has options out the ying-yang, including opening clock when plugged in and during certain hours. I have mine set to open app when plugged in AND between hours of 23:00 - 07:00, so that way it won't open if I'm plugging it in at work or in car but only if I'm going to bed.

Oh and its free with no ads too.:)

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Good I am glad that both have desktop chargers on the way. I have been waiting for one. And I am also looking to get a good car dock too. I haven't really seen anything good out yet. I like the droid one a lot. I think maybe once there isn't a supply shortage people will get back on with the INC

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Just asked Seidio about docks while checking on another order. They are in testing and should be ready in 1 to 2 weeks.

Last edited:

podi#AC

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Every other phone that comes out has a charging dock, car mount, etc etc....For a phone that was supposed to b a flagship phone they sure didnt treat it as one...i wonder if it has to do with the shortages?

drsprite

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree. it's very disappointing. Sure you can buy a universal windshield mount, but I can't find a desktop dock anywhere, and it seems as though this is the only phone that doesn't have official accessories like these.

Either due to shortage or because the volume buttons are on the same side as the usb?

either way, htc isn't listening to us, the very customers who made them have a record breaking profit margin last quarter

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JT1981