[DEV/ROM/PORT] Sero 7 Pro (US) - PAC-ROM

jerbear64

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
This is PAC-ROM, a heavily modified CM11 based ROM for the US Sero 7 Pro!

uzusemus.jpg

DISCLAIMER:
Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Why decide between Paranoid Android, CyanogenMod or AOKP when you can have the features of all 3 in one ROM?

You will need one of the following recoveries to flash this ROM:
ClockWorkMod "Swipe" recovery (SELinux enabled) - http://jellytime.googlecode.com/files/cwm6.0.4.5-selinux-flashable-sero7pro.zip
TWRP (SELinux enabled) - http://jellytime.googlecode.com/files/twrp2.6.3.0-selinux-flashable-sero7pro.zip
TWRP Themed (SELinux enabled) - http://jellytime.googlecode.com/files/twrp2.6.3.0-themed-selinux-flashable-sero7pro.zip

Not working:
WiFi Direct (aka P2P)
Can't format external SD
Netflix
.mkv files (Playback stutters)
HDMI not fullscreen

Downloads*
PAC-ROM Build 20140317-*pac_m470_4.4.Alpha-1_20140317-020939

None of this was really my work, all I did was download a few device trees and toolchains and compiled them for PAC.
These people from XDA did the heavy lifting:
Randomblame- Creating Jellytime and taktiK,
Davepmer- Doing countless fixes and improvements on the taktiK code,*
Xboxexpert- Creating the initial root process and CWM for our device, as well as our first custom ROM,*
Dolorespark- Creating an updated version of xboxexpert's ROM and doing a few fixes on taktiK,
the CyanogenMod team, the AOKP team, the PA team, the PAC-ROM team, anyone I forgot (sorry!)

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

slojohn76

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
First of all, thank you for your desire to bring PAC to this device. Secondly, this proves we accomplish great things when collaborating on a project. I dirty flashed this over Gummyrom and the only problem I experienced was no storage/emulated/0 (no sdcard), otherwise minor WiFi problems are the only thing keeping it from being a daily driver. Great work, and thanks go out to all involved.

Tim Campbell1

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't agree more. All your hard work is greatly appreciated. I love my Sero Pro and enjoy it every day. Looking forward to this becoming my daily driver.

jerbear64

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
So excited we have a forum here!

Same. It's nice we have one here.
I am soon going to post an earlier build of PAC that does not have the internal SD card issue. It breaks the charging animation though, but it is much more usable.

jerbear64

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting a new build, hopefully it fixes the elusive /sdcard issue. If not I'll upload a build from a couple weeks ago.

Tim Campbell1

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. The only issue I'm having is WiFi. Turns off unexpectedly and the only way to correct the problem is a reboot. Everything els works fine for me. I'll make it my daily driver once this is fixed.

jerbear64

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Just an update: Both my CyanogenMod builds for the Slate 7 Plus and PAC builds are erroring out. I'm tempted to wipe both of their directories and start fresh, it might fix some stability issues as well if I use the kernel used in LiquidSmooth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia