device not responding

pontiacgp

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to copy my entire phone contents over to my computer so I can do a reset but while copying my computer says determining estimated time until completed or something along that line but my phone says not responding,I'm Connected to a usb 3.0 and Windows 10 if that helps

Posted via the Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
It could be that Windows needs more time to calculate how many files, their size, and other attributes before it can complete the estimated time required to copy.

A few things you could try are to copy contents from the phone in smaller chunks, and use Smart Switch.

Copy Music, then once complete, contents in the DCIM folder, then in the Pictures folder, and so on for the stuff you want to copy. Suggest installing Smart Switch on your computer, and also use that to backup all of your phone's contents. Smart Switch works well for me.

pontiacgp

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried on another computer?. Have you checked your phone is un usb device store mode?

Yes I've tried another computer and it automatically shows up as device storage,I looked and it has no other options or atleast I can't find them

pontiacgp

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
It could be that Windows needs more time to calculate how many files, their size, and other attributes before it can complete the estimated time required to copy.

A few things you could try are to copy contents from the phone in smaller chunks, and use Smart Switch.

Copy Music, then once complete, contents in the DCIM folder, then in the Pictures folder, and so on for the stuff you want to copy. Suggest installing Smart Switch on your computer, and also use that to backup all of your phone's contents. Smart Switch works well for me.

That's what I'm thinking,I'm gonna try it again and see what happens because I have roughly 43 gig of stuff then if it dosent work I'll try smart switch