dialer force close?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
had a small issue twice now (about a week apart) where i have tried to dial a phone number from my contacts screen and for some reason, i get a force close message for the phone dialer. a phone reboot fixes the issue, but has anyone else had this problem or know why it happens

dcarlton35

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Here is something to help narrow it down. Have you recently downloaded a new app when this issue started? If so, uninstall it and see if the issue goes away. Not sure where to go from here if that isn't the case. Sorry. Just my 2 cents :)

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Here is something to help narrow it down. Have you recently downloaded a new app when this issue started? If so, uninstall it and see if the issue goes away. Not sure where to go from here if that isn't the case. Sorry. Just my 2 cents :)
This is most often the cause of faulty core processes. so always remove your most recent apps to try and isolate the cause. the contact the developer to let them know about the bug.
You may need to remove all of your apps, then reinstall them one at a time, its worth it though because you do want your phone to work as a phone right? if not go get a contract free itouch.

darque1

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem for the first time also. I have not added any apps recently so I am baffled at the cause. First time since Nov 6th isn't bad i guess.