Did anyone order Moto G from Amazon?

rahlquist

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I placed an order for a Moto G for my wife with Amazon on 11/30. At the time they said the phone would be released 12/4 so I chose next day shipping to get the phone today. The order still hasnt shown as shipped so I contacted support and they are stating that the phone has not released yet. Wondering why the phone has not been released.

MrMoto1992

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Did you order the 8gb or the 16gb version? The 16gb doesn't even start shilling from Motorola until December 9th

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Same here, I cancelled my amazon order, it got confusing.. my US gsm order started looking like the global version. Will wait for the motorola store to ship here..

drsloth

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
So, the same thing happened to me. I ordered a 16g US version on December 2nd, expecting it to ship the 4th so I'd have it for the weekend. Twelve hours later the date gets pushed back NINE DAYS. My phone is busted and I only ordered the thing because it was going to ship soon. I called Amazon and Motorola several times to figure out what happened. Basically Amazon said that the date comes from Motorola. Moto then told me that they have no control over Amazon sales. Nobody knew what the hell was going on but eventually Motorola told me that they were "releasing the phone" on the 9th. Amazon said that as soon as they get the phones they will ship them. I'm inclined to believe that Motorola pushed the date back (possibly to increase their direct sales) because they were much more reticent to talk about it. Amazon was very straight forward with an apology and essentially said "dude we want your money. why would we hold these back intentionally?" Now I don't know what Motorola means by release. If release means "can ship the phone" Amazon might send them out on the 9th and I could get mine on the 11th. If they mean "we'll send the phones to retailers" the phone might not ship til the 11th or 12th. Every single major news outlet reported that it would ship on the 2nd and I bought in. In my mind, Motorola majorly screwed this up.

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Motorola ALWAYS said, from the very beginning, if you went to their site that it was the Global model shipping on December 2nd, with the US model shipping on the 9th. Why no news outlet chose to report the two different dates, I can't understand. But it's certainly not Motorola's fault. When I placed my order for a US 16GB model on 11/27 directly from motorola.com, it clearly showed the 9th prior to ordering. There's nothing crazy going on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

user313

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
The first day I saw it posted here I ordered it from Motorola direct. Their website said starts shipping December 2. As soon as I placed the order the email said shipping on December 9. I was pissed about that. A few days later I saw Amazon start to offer it and it said shipping on December 4. I thought about ordering there to save on tax. Yesterday I called Motorola about my order and they are so clueless. It is hard to believe they are actually selling anything directly to people. It is clear their reps have no idea what is going on with any order. I said to just cancel it and they said they couldn't do that even though it was not close to shipping out. I asked to speak to a supervisor and after being on hold for like 10 minutes they came back and said the order was going to be canceled and gave me a case number. I will never deal directly with them again...total asshats. I see Amazon pushed back the date of the phone too but I have a lot more confidence in Amazon than I do with Motorola sales.

mrv9r

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here. I ordered 2 Moto Gs (global GSM) on 11/30 when everything said Pre-order 12/2 two-day shipping and even got the email saying my order should start shipping on the week of 12/2. So far nothing shipped, credit card hasn't been charged, and order can't be cancelled. They said it was "awaiting shipment" and that they would try to cancel but it didn't seem possible. Looks like they'll be shipping all orders on 12/9.

steve porter

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Motorola wont let me cancel the order?. the day afterI ordered it DEC 2 nd. They said it would have to be delivered to my house there was not way to cancel the order ( eventhough it has not been shipped from the factory) and then I could return it. Is this right?

user313

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Motorola wont let me cancel the order?. the day afterI ordered it DEC 2 nd. They said it would have to be delivered to my house there was not way to cancel the order ( eventhough it has not been shipped from the factory) and then I could return it. Is this right?

Ask to talk to a supervisor. They claimed I could not cancel either then I asked to talk to a supervisor and after 10 minutes on hold I was not able to talk with a supervisor they just told me they would cancel it. A few days later I got the refund and a refund email. They had charged me the entire amount upfront.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte