Did Froyo Ruin the DINC? Is DINC Worth Getting?

ak110707

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, HTC/VZW released FroYo for the DInc but then unrevoked came along and fixed all their blunders. If people aren't happy just root, there are many good roms that make up for the loss moving from 2.1 to 2.2...

mattchew86

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
First of all thank you and Paradox for answering my questions about rooting.
I am more and more convincing myself that I am going to leave well enough alone and enjoy this unbeleivable device and compared to my BB Tour and no memory leaks or daily battery pulls I can now actually enjoy a phone and the preloaded apps and apps I choose to download.

I am not real comfortable with messing with the inner workings and then have the trouble you did Matthew I think I will pass as I said.

Any further advice as an Android Newbie but pretty smart and a fast learner so any pointers you want to throw my way or must have apps to look at please feel free to pass them along to me whether here of if you wish to PM me any advice on what I can or should do or add to my app collection would be grateful on my part so PM away if you have the time.

Thank you again forr your time.

No prob :) I am not as experienced as other people on here, but anytime you need something, hit me up.

As for apps to get, my personal reccommendations are easytether and appbrain. Hands down my favorite ones. $10 one time charge to tether anytime, and appbrain syncs your apps in case you need to send it in for repairs, or do a factory reset.

anotherxyz

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah custom roms are nothing but problems. I went through like 50 of them with my d1. Build quality? That's the first I have heard of 4 dx's since july. Get real, dude blur sucks I will give you that. so does sense. throw launcher pro on there and its a 3 dollar solution to both problems. And as for processing power, you had better check quadrant advanced. Anyone that can't see quality has an htc phone. Dx is some what future proof also, inc is getting old

Who knows when Motorola will release some badass dual core beast with a 5 inch screen. The way Android phones are advancing no phone is ever future proof.

donharden2002

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a dinc owner but have friends that are and they love them. Myself i have a captivate on att. Love the phone hate the carrier but i think that even the 4 inch display on captivate is too small and am going to buy a dell streak. If you can deal with the screen size then its probably your best bet. They now are sold with froyo and super fast. Brickberries as i like to call them are falling behind and i see nothing coming that is going to catch them up in the near future. Android is the future and this is coming from a former bb owner as well as iphone user. I will say that formerly having an iphone 4 that it is the best phone made by far but is too limited in what the owner is allowed to do with it which is why i traded it for my captivate.

SuthernKumfort

May 19, 2010
www.wmdgaming.com
Yeah custom roms are nothing but problems. I went through like 50 of them with my d1. Build quality? That's the first I have heard of 4 dx's since july. Get real, dude blur sucks I will give you that. so does sense. throw launcher pro on there and its a 3 dollar solution to both problems. And as for processing power, you had better check quadrant advanced. Anyone that can't see quality has an htc phone. Dx is some what future proof also, inc is getting old

Now THIS is funny. HTC phones are the best built phones I've seen. And I'm not saying the dx isn't a good phone, but they sure are ugly!!!

Sent from one bass ass EVO!!!

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Storm I for 21 miserable months now, and have been advising people to go Android over iPhone since the EVO4 was released this summer. The fact remains, you can't beat an HTC Android device. The Sense UI alone (not even discussing the hardware) puts HTC above everyone else. And then HTC Sync for Outlook sync and remote wipe capabilities...it just keeps going on.

But I myself have toyed with getting the D-Inc, or waiting for the Inc HD to come out. But tell me something -- I'm in Buffalo, NY, which is not one of the initial LTE cities. That means the Inc HD would not work in my area, correct? If so, I could grab a D-Inc and rock it for 6-8 months, and then sell it off contract to someone and splurge for the Inc HD when LTE comes to my city, wouldn't you think?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Now THIS is funny. HTC phones are the best built phones I've seen. And I'm not saying the dx isn't a good phone, but they sure are ugly!!!

Sent from one bass ass EVO!!!
LoL :p

...and yup got to have LTE in your town to get LTE,,, oh and a LTE compatible phone ;)

Sent Using TaPaTaLk

drumzalicious

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm a former BB user myself and honestly if you are thinking about getting an android device then the incredible would be the way to go. Size, performance, and hardware wise it's still the best on Verizon and I hope the rumored Incredible HD is the same size and not the size of the EVO as I love the size of the Incredible.

The performance of this phone compared to a BlackBerry is just light years ahead. When I first got my dinc I literally was downloading about 8 apps from the market over the vzw network while sending text messages and using other features of the phone with NO LAG. my BlackBerry would have exploded.

One thing you will want to consider is your email client. Since I use GMail as my primary email client (one personal and one business) I don't have an issue with getting messages delayed.

Last edited:

douglaswilson

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I am trying to decide this myself. I really want the incredible hd but seeing as i am not that patient and incredibles can be had with some great deals, I have been thinking about picking one up. I am worried that the hd might be too big and well thats what brings me here. incredible now for cheap or hd in 6 weeks oh the pressure!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
So Dell has the DINC for Free. I am a bb user and have no Android experience. Is the DINC worth getting now?

Is there a better choice on Verizon?

Did Froyo screw up the DINC?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

The dinc is worth full price charley.....

dreedy01

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to decide this myself. I really want the incredible hd but seeing as i am not that patient and incredibles can be had with some great deals, I have been thinking about picking one up. I am worried that the hd might be too big and well thats what brings me here. incredible now for cheap or hd in 6 weeks oh the pressure!

I went by the Sprint store yesterday just to mess with the Evo b/c the Inc HD is going to be the same exact size and everything as the Evo so that would be a suggestion, go to Best Buy or Sprint and mess with it alil bit. See if you like the size, the keyboard and see if you feel complexed with it in your hands while using it. If you don't then I'd seriously thinking bout waiting off for the Inc HD, unless you like paying full retail for new devices ;)

dreedy01

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
One thing you will want to consider is your email client. Since I use GMail as my primary email client (one personal and one business) I don't have an issue with getting messages delayed.

If you're a business person using Exchange for work email then best option on the Market is Touchdown for Exchange. It's alil pricey ($20 I think) but it's well worth it!

octoberdana

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well I just bought a Droid Incredible yesterday. I had a really hard time deciding between the HTC and the Samsung Fascinate/Continuum. Got a pretty good price on it, of course they are free tomorrow at Best Buy. Go figure!
Anyway, the reason I decided to go with the Incredible is that the price was very reasonable ($99 after mail in rebate) and I like the size/capabilities. It will do almost everything the HD will probably do and I don't have to pay $100-$200 more especially since LTE won't be in my area for a while.