Difference between models GE2AE and GP4BC

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I am looking to find out what the difference is between models GE2AE and GP4BC. I'm on AT&T with an unlocked P7P and need to know which I have.

And, wow, searching Google for this is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I hope the knowledge of the forum masses can help.

Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks!

I decided to go back and look in places I had not looked. I found it on my phone under "Regulatory Labels" which I never would have guessed. My unlocked P2P is model GE2AE.

It looks like model GE2AE supports mmWave. The other doesn't.
Never would have guessed it being there myself lol

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks!

I decided to go back and look in places I had not looked. I found it on my phone under "Regulatory Labels" which I never would have guessed. My unlocked P2P is model GE2AE.

It looks like model GE2AE supports mmWave. The other doesn't.

There's 2 different versions of the 7 Pro? Or is one the regular 7? From what I remember all the 6 Pro's supported mmWave but the regular unlocked 6 didn't.. you had to pay extra for the Verizon version for that. One of the Pro perks I believe.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
There's 2 different versions of the 7 Pro? Or is one the regular 7? From what I remember all the 6 Pro's supported mmWave but the regular unlocked 6 didn't.. you had to pay extra for the Verizon version for that. One of the Pro perks I believe.

Go to the article cited above by mustang7757. Scroll down a little and there's a table showing the models. mmWave seems to be the difference.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Go to the article cited above by mustang7757. Scroll down a little and there's a table showing the models. mmWave seems to be the difference.

Yep, that's what I remember... all the U.S. Pro's come with mmWave, but you have to order it for the regular model. I thought maybe they changed that for the 7 Pro ;)

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
The question I have ... how to you specify a P7 model when purchasing an unlocked phone directly from Google?

Last year for the regular 6 they were selling the Verizon version if you wanted mmWave. It looks like from the XDA article mustang linked AT&T also has a version. I'm not sure how you'd order an unlocked version with mmWave, but the price would be higher.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how you'd order an unlocked version with mmWave, but the price would be higher.
I would expect that if you really wanted it, you could order the AT&T or Verizon version, so long as you aren't financing it. FCC mandates that handsets be fully unlocked on request, providing it has been fully paid for.