Differences between wifi and cellular models.

MDBulldog

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Going to pick up an s7+ in a few days. Is there any significant difference between the wifi model and the cellular model that one should be aware of?

MDBulldog

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
So, I was under the impression that the cellular model has more capabilities. Things such as making calls from you tablet, responding to texts, etc.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
So, I was under the impression that the cellular model has more capabilities. Things such as making calls from you tablet, responding to texts, etc.

that is all part of the obvious differences since it is as you say a cellular model. but then you can also make calls, responding to text and more on the wifi model too as long as you connected to wifi

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
So, how does that work on the wifi model? Are there any other differences?

I do not consider it a difference since you can do the wiif thing on both. Again, the ONLY difference is you have access to a cellular network.

You can use skype, you can use google voice, you can use any of the other voip services for wifi calling.

MDBulldog

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I do not consider it a difference since you can do the wiif thing on both. Again, the ONLY difference is you have access to a cellular network.

You can use skype, you can use google voice, you can use any of the other voip services for wifi calling.

I see, I guess I should of made it clearer. When I say call and text, I am talking through your cell phone provider. That is, if my phone is in the other room. I can make calls and text from the tablet using the same cellular provider.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
That's my only regret choosing the 7+ is I couldn't get the carrier model. I miss having that option when in the car or not near wifi.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
If you live in a rural area or anywhere WiFi is not prevalent, you need a cellular data tablet. That's precisely why i came back to Samsung after years of making do with Apple.
Currently with my Note 20 Ultra and my S75G tablet, i can do almost anything i want on data only, i have unlimited data, life is good.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hotspot isn't unlimited though. Data plan is. At least for me on AT&T.

Verizon's hotspot is unlimited but they throttle to 3G speeds after 15Gb(on the plan I'm on).

I've used over 100Gb in a month downloading files over night when I had no home wifi.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
A lot of good input here. With the way I use tablets, probably 90% or more of the time when I'm connected to Wi-Fi networks, it didn't make sense to me to pay extra for the LTE variant of the Tab S7+. What I do plan on doing, on the rare occasions when I need to use my tablet outside a Wi-Fi network, is use my phone as a hot spot. Hoping it works out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
A lot of good input here. With the way I use tablets, probably 90% or more of the time when I'm connected to Wi-Fi networks, it didn't make sense to me to pay extra for the LTE variant of the Tab S7+. What I do plan on doing, on the rare occasions when I need to use my tablet outside a Wi-Fi network, is use my phone as a hot spot. Hoping it works out.
Thats also good option .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkeman