Disable Bixby Button

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
From the article: [FONT=&quot]"But what I’m saying is that this is such a sticky area. I mean, people don’t see it right now but once they start seeing the behaviour behind Bixby I don’t think they’ll want to map it to anything else."

I think people have seen it. And don't want it. I don't care for Google Assistant. While I can understand the potential usefulness of a digital assistant, it is nice that Google's isn't obtrusive as Bixby is. My argument of the dedicated button that is too close to the power button is how I am saying it's obtrusive.[/FONT]

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I so happy that Samsung decided to make this optional. I don't use Google now either. If I you want to use Bixby or Google Now, go right ahead. I don't want to use either so I should be able to turn stuff off. I just went through the steps and seems to be easiest way to disable the button. I had to update some some of the Bixby apps first but in the end the button is disabled. Choice is good.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I disabled after the update yesterday and there is no issue with Bixby coming on by way of long press. I did disable it as much as possible prior to the update. Maybe that is why it is completely dead for me now?

I was hoping I could use one of the remap apps, but they aren't responding either. I'm thinking devs will only need a little time to do a workaround. I just hope it won't require root.

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Fantastic, the off switch came on top when I accidentally touched the bixby button, again.
Had little issues with it and my flipcase. But the Spigen tough armor made it obvious that it's at the wrong place.
Good update thusfar.

Andreas Heldal-Lund

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
It does not work on S+ as the articke claim. This button makes me swear several times a day. Use my phone often i a small stand to watch something and even if I try to be careful I still get the very annoying Bixby up. Have to lift my phone up, cancel it and find back to what I was watching. ARGH!