Disappearing Apps

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I could have sworn I had a Calculator app. I'm sure I had a Remote Control. And where the hell's Downloads?
Answer (yes, I dimly remember reading about this long ago)....they've been SmartCleaned. The G3 does like to keep itself clean and tidy. If like me you're missing any apps, go to Settings, General, About Phone, Update Centre, App Updates, and you'll find them waiting for you as idle apps ready to be downloaded again if you wish.
I'm ashamed to say I found five in there.

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
They don't have to be idle for long apparently before they get tucked away there. The three I mentioned are apps I've used.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Got to feel sorry for the ones who feel they need hundreds of apps. Making sure they use each one every month

Steve/Boanerges Performance

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just went and had a look in Smart Cleaning because of this thread, and I noticed that the idle time can be set for up to 6 months. Set mine to that, just in case.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Just went and had a look in Smart Cleaning because of this thread, and I noticed that the idle time can be set for up to 6 months. Set mine to that, just in case.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Genius! All is solved....Thx!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Under "about phone " I do not see Update Center on my LD 859

Posted via the Android Central App

I must be a variant thing. I'm using a D855. You can just as easily....in fact, more easily....find any missing apps via the Update Centre app, rather than via Settings etc. Have you got that app?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene