Dissatisfied with Verizon on S7 Edge issues.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
And I was suggesting bad behavior in a group is not an excuse for an individual similarly behaving badly but it is a commonly used one.

Very few products have such a short "warranty". The fact others do it is a good reason for an antitrust suit. Obvious collusion.

I support VZW workers against unfair labor practice as well.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
And I was suggesting bad behavior in a group is not an excuse for an individual similarly behaving badly but it is a commonly used one.

And that may be but .. dpham was trying to be helpful in regards to the concerns the OP brought up (as in saying he would switch to T-Mobile who actually has the exact same policy) -- not have a discussion about what is right or fair :).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, in spite of the comments, I returned the S7 edge for a refund. Going back to my S6 edge that never gave me any issues even on MM. Verizon still refused to replace it with a new one. I Looked at the used one they had on hand, and it was all scraped at the bottom. So now that I have cash in hand, I might buy one for a couple of hundred less. On swappa. Brand new. By the way, as far as the 14 day return window, that should be for a phone thats good, but someone didn't like. When a new phone is returned to Verizon because of defects, within the warranty, they return it to the manufacturer for credit. Since I purchased it from Verizon, they should have gone to bat for me.

Posted via Android Central App

Don't expect Verizon to go beyond what they are minimally required to do.

This refurbished policy has been in play since I could remember on Verizon.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I clearly remember when it was 30 days but I have been a VZW customer since the days of those giant analog Motorola flip phones.

I read a reply I was notified by Tapatalk. I didn't go back and read the thread. I merely replied to a quote of a post I made and forgot about.

It just struck me that children always cry the same excuse. Everybody else was doing it too! The policy is unfair to consumers even if it is the industry standard. A defective product may well not reveal itself until well beyond 14 days. As consumers we should have the right to exchange or return said product. Just my opinion.

I meant my reply in a light hearted way and I apologize if anyone was offended.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Considering the S7, but?

I, would like to know how most of you are liking the s7? Also, hows battery life? Im a moderate user and made it a full day on my S6 edge. Im asking because I just returned a brand new samsung galaxy S7 edge that was always dropping data connection. And had wifi issues. These started after the 14 day exchange so verizon refused to give me a new replacement. Hey I paid for a new phone. I don't want a used one. So they refunded me. Im thinking about buying a new one on swappa. But I dont trust the edge.

I purchased my S7E on Swappa,Com from a person who was an apple fan boy. He had ordered 2 S7E's and his wife put hers in service and loved it but I guess this guy decided S7E was not performing as his iphone 6 and he just put his SIM back in his iphone and then put this S7E on Swappa.Com. I made him and offer and ask him if we could meet as he was in the same city as me and he met my offer and I paid thru paypal we met about 30 minutes later and he gave me my S7E. The phone was basically new. I took it over to BB and had them place a ZAGG screen saver on it, went over to VZW corporate store and purchased an Incipio case. The VZW rep wanted to do all kinds of things but I just took the phone and come home to set the phone up the way I wanted it and 4 days later I put in my SIM card from my S6E-128 and turned the S7E on and within about 5 minutes my S7E was up and working. The phone I have is a really nice phone and it works as advertised. I just like my old phone better the S6E I was using. The S6E is a smaller profile phone which I like, they have almost identical OS. I would never ever purchase a phone or tablet from VZW. I always purchase my phones on Swappa.Com or EBAY VZW is just my service provider because it works best in most of the places I frequent. I just wish at&t had as good of service as VZW in those places I frequent as I would get a better discount as a retired employee. The things I do buy from the VZW Corporate stores are accessories and get 25% discount seldom can that price be beat.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I clearly remember when it was 30 days but I have been a VZW customer since the days of those giant analog Motorola flip phones.

I read a reply I was notified by Tapatalk. I didn't go back and read the thread. I merely replied to a quote of a post I made and forgot about.

It just struck me that children always cry the same excuse. Everybody else was doing it too! The policy is unfair to consumers even if it is the industry standard. A defective product may well not reveal itself until well beyond 14 days. As consumers we should have the right to exchange or return said product. Just my opinion.

I meant my reply in a light hearted way and I apologize if anyone was offended.
You're missing a key point here. The op doesn't like the policy and wants to move to tmobile because of it, when has the exact same policy!

I don't disagree that we should get new replacements but... Switching carriers isn't going to help in this regard.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, i did it. Bought a new S7 edge from swappa. Hope I don't have any issues with this one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear