do i have good news for camera zoom

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Just to make sure, when you opened up the settings, did you scroll down to reveal more windows?

If so, maybe its only on the Actives on AT&T right now for some reason?

EDIT: my buddy at work has an S5 on Verizon and he doesn't have the option.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully we will get an update soon. Thanks for the information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Nice to see a mode change shortcut. On my Flex the options are Record and Zoom, I need to manually swap between stills and video.

Zoom is actually useful with over 10mpix stills or 4K video...

fleckrj

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a Verizon S5, and I do not have options to set the volume key function or to turn the shutter sound off. I do see all of the other options, but the last two positions on the last row are blank.

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
So I guess it is true. ������

Posted via Android Central App

Well technically we are both right and wrong lol.

It clearly is available on AT&T (I have it) but for some strange reason, not everyone/every phone on AT&T has it (you don't have it).

Is this a Samsung or AT&T issue is the real question. Just as an example, I have the Gear 2 paired with my Active. When I go into the Galaxy App store to DL apps for my watch, I see 17 apps under "utilities", however, many other people are seeing over 100 apps there.

Samsung issue, or AT&T? Who knows. All I know is its damn frustrating.

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I think what happened is that AT&T included it on the new "actives",(obviously), but hasn't made the update available yet. However, the fact that you guys have it points to inclusion in the next update. Looking forward to it. 👍

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I think what happened is that AT&T included it on the new "actives",(obviously), but hasn't made the update available yet. However, the fact that you guys have it points to inclusion in the next update. Looking forward to it. ??????

Your probably right. Hopefully you guys get it soon.

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the Sprint version and it is there. I suspect it may be there for most everyone. Try this: when you're in the Camera Settings, use your finger to scroll through the settings. There's no scroll bar, but there are other setting including the volume button settings toggle.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
On the plain vanilla S5 from AT&T one must use the not so elegant "pinch method" to create the zoom effect. It is the same as zooming in and out of Google Maps. Hopefully we get the "voice button" feature in the next release from AT&T.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My Sprint S5 now has this ever since our last Sprint update (the one that added the Wi-fi calling) a couple of weeks ago. I know for absolute positive it did not have this zoom setting before this update. Funny too because the manual for the phone has always described that the camera zoom can be activated throug hthe volume key since day 1, but it never worked or had this available option until after this update.

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
On the plain vanilla S5 from AT&T one must use the not so elegant "pinch method" to create the zoom effect. It is the same as zooming in and out of Google Maps. Hopefully we get the "voice button" feature in the next release from AT&T.

Every touch screen camera phone in existence uses the pinch to zoom method. This is not a unique feature for the AT&T S5's. (even my S5 Active, which has the volume control zoom option, has pinch to zoom)

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
No not unique, but for Galaxy phones at least, they always had in addition to pinch to zoom, volume rocker button for zoom control. For some reason that option was disabled until recently. Most users I know of that use Galaxy phones prefer volume rocker for zoom control because you can easily zoom without disturbing your camera view by scrunching your fingers all over the screen.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
As it turns out the pinch method is the only way to do zoom on the vanilla S5 from AT&T. If you have the "active" it can be done either way. Hope we get an update for this.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfoot715