Do I REALLY need these pre-installed apps?

Costa_P

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I recently bought the LG G4C. I only have 8gb of data storage.

As its a g4C..not G4, it only comes with storage of 8gb. Looking at my phones storage now, in the "miscellaneous" (taking up most storage) there is preinstalled system data of 4.58gb which I CANNOT delete. It also comes with whatsapp, lkgbackup. None of which I will delete. I am getting a 64gb sd card to have music, photos etc. Also I can have some apps that can be stored on there rright? (not sure what apps allow it).

I have a question need answering:

What of the pre-installed apps do I REALLY need and what ones should I delete. When I say pre-installed I presume all android phones come with them. They include, Slides, sheets, docs,google+, google play newstand, hangouts etc. They seem to me that there basically MS word, powerpoint edexel but for the phone. TBH I wont ever do work using those apps on my phone..I have a computer for that. Bascailly, I am sure your phones have the exact same preinstalled apps like mine. What to delete and what to keep?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

You will have to go to Settings- General-Apps and just scroll thru and select each app and see if it can be uninstalled or moved to sd card. If those Google apps are installed as system apps, you would need root to uninstall them.

Some downloaded apps have the move to sd card option but not all. No system apps have that option.

Costa_P

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
re:

You will have to go to Settings- General-Apps and just scroll thru and select each app and see if it can be uninstalled or moved to sd card. If those Google apps are installed as system apps, you would need root to uninstall them.

Some downloaded apps have the move to sd card option but not all. No system apps have that option.

How can I check what the system data is? Also How do I check if the google apps are system apps? and whats root uninstaller?

Thanks

Costa_P

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Ok thanks guys. Whilst youre on this trad, so I dont make another one, what micro sd card should I purchase for my lg g4c from Amazon. I will probably go with 64gb. Does it need to be a specific make for the lg? Could you guys link me any? Thanks

Costa_P

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Oh ok thanks. I actually looked at the "Samsung Memory 64GB Evo MicroSDHC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card with SD Adapter". £20 for 64gb is a steal. But I saw some images and it showed it for the Samsung tablet, so I presumed it was only for Samsung. So the one I mentioned is alright for the lg g4c?

Costa_P

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Sweet! Thank you. When I get it I will add all my music/photos/videos (noy that many) to it and it should free up some space so I should have like 4gb for apps which is enough right?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Sweet! Thank you. When I get it I will add all my music/photos/videos (noy that many) to it and it should free up some space so I should have like 4gb for apps which is enough right?

Depends how many apps you use but that should handle quite a few. And some downloaded apps do have the ability to be moved to the sd card as well.

Costa_P

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
If anyone is still active with this thread, I wanted to ask, what would be better in purchasing: the 32 or 64gb sd card? It would be storing around 200 songs, some photos/videos and hopefully apps be enough. Also the 64gb and 32gb coesm with an optional adapter. I wouldnt need an adapter for the lgg4c right?

Thanks again

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Just comes down to what you need and want to spend. With good quality 64gb cards under $30, almost a no brainer to get one.

The adapter makes it into SD card size which is the most common size for a PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol