Do yall know of a way to port a apk file to Android and install in through a computer?

The-Defiyeir

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
do yall know of a way to port a apk file to android and install in through a computer

my lg realm is stuck in boot loop because I uninstalled the LG home theme I have the apk and 2 of the other files that belong to it it wont boot up correctly it allways gets stuck on the splash screen on lg so I am asumming it gets stuck when trying to load the theme please help I can get it into recovery mode and I have a windows pc to transfer the files with

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: do yall know of a way to port a apk file to android and install in through a computer

I don't think there is any way to install an apk through a computer. I am no expert. Is your device rooted?

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: do yall know of a way to port a apk file to android and install in through a computer

I have the LG Ultimate 2, the LG Realm made for TracFone and I fixed a issue like yours by doing a reset. Use this movie to boot into stock recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjrGNBgD6xQ
But what you can do is take out the SD and shove it into your PC and put the LG Home Theme in a flashable zip file than you can flash in the stock recovery. If you give me the files I can make the flashable zip file for you. But you would select "Apply update from SD Card" to install it. Tell me if you need any more help :)

The-Defiyeir

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

My device is rooted yes and I have the files the problem is I don't know how to flash them when the micro sd card isn't able to be mounted
Heres what it says

E:failed to mount /sdcard (invalid argument)

I can give the files 2marrow it will be in a Dropbox link if u could make them a flash able zip I would REALLY appreciate it thanks

b0nkers

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site

Did you try what ryancunningham suggested, resetting the phone?

The-Defiyeir

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

Yes it works but for some reason the keyboard is gone so I can't download anything to it and the home screen is glitchy I have the files for all of them is there a video on how to make a zip file avalible for flashing? is it a regular zip file and all u have to do is make the pathway for the file or is it more complex than that?

The-Defiyeir

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

I have another device just like this one my other one works I can copy files from that to my other phone
it is still giving me that message again E: cant mount and I have created a zip file with the programs in it and the pathways for them is also in the zip but I cant mount the sd card so I cant restore those programs someone please help me

Last edited:

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

I have another device just like this one my other one works I can copy files from that to my other phone
it is still giving me that message again E: cant mount and I have created a zip file with the programs in it and the pathways for them is also in the zip but I cant mount the sd card so I cant restore those programs someone please help me

Did you try going into settings and taping "Mount SD Card"? It's easy to do. But making flashable zip is harder then it looks. If you could post the link to the .apk files and the .odex files that would be awesome!

b0nkers

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site

I'm not too sure if this is relevant, but if you can get to the settings and enable USB debugging, you could try installing the apk through adb

b0nkers

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site

Well I guess I would work towards the 10 postings so ryancunningham can help you with the zip😯 good luck!

The-Defiyeir

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

I had just gotten to 10 and my messages got deleted and it got reset to 5 does anyone know why?

The-Defiyeir

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

I cant go into settings but even if I do it unmounts as soon as I power down to go into recovery mode I sent u a private message so that I could send u the link to that file otherwise I couldnt have

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

I cant go into settings but even if I do it unmounts as soon as I power down to go into recovery mode I sent u a private message so that I could send u the link to that file otherwise I couldnt have

Here is the link: thing

The-Defiyeir

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

ok I am still coming up with the same error E: failed to mount /sd card (invalid argument) I have tried formatting the sd card to fat 32 and ntpf no luck anyone know whats wrong and how to fix it?

thanks for the help Ryan

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

ok I am still coming up with the same error E: failed to mount /sd card (invalid argument) I have tried formatting the sd card to fat 32 and ntpf no luck anyone know whats wrong and how to fix it?

thanks for the help Ryan

Put the file on the internal storage and remove the as card then try it again.

Posted via the Android Central App

The-Defiyeir

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

how am I supposed to do that? I cant access the file system from my android nor am I able to access it through windows could I enable adb while in factory reset mode if I could then could u possibly give me a video or a tutorial? I don't know much about android but I do know allitle I have issued adb code and push stuff to my phone b4 the restore but once I did the restore it reset my settings and disabled the adb again and since I cant access settings I don't know of a way to enable it ooh and when I plug it into the computer its a charge only connection that's why I cant access it through the computer

The-Defiyeir

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

could a OTG cable be used to attach a keyboard? because if I can get a keyboard on the phone I can do the rest and from whats its saying u can hook up a keyboard from the computer into the android

Last edited:

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

could a OTG cable be used to attach a keyboard? because if I can get a keyboard on the phone I can do the rest and from whats its saying u can hook up a keyboard from the computer into the android

Yes. That would work. I am sorry a can't make a movie on how to do that because there is one option in recovery on my phone: Reset. If only TracFone just left the LG L70 the way it was and did not disable stuff, this phone would amazing. I wish I could help more, but I know only how to reboot a phone using adb. Don't forget that you can sell it on eBay and say: "Good condition, turns on, and with charger."

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

My device is rooted yes and I have the files the problem is I don't know how to flash them when the micro sd card isn't able to be mounted
Heres what it says

E:failed to mount /sdcard (invalid argument)

I can give the files 2marrow it will be in a Dropbox link if u could make them a flash able zip I would REALLY appreciate it thanks

I have a solution! If you want to flash zips, then install flash Gordon! I installed that today and it works. I hope this helps you a bit more!

Rakeshcool

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Bro you should make a flash able zip file of that app and flash through cwm or twrp,it will surely fix your problem
1) Download and extract the
sample.zip by root explorer.

Extracted folder (sample) will be in speedsoftware > extracted

2) Now open folder sample you should see two folders: one called "system" and one called "META-INF".

3) Let's start with the "system"

so open it:

In there, will go all files that what
you want to add or replace to the
system. So let's say for example that you want to replace the bootanimation.

4) Make a "New Floder" in sample> system > newfolder* ,name its as "media" *(make sure its aint in CAPS nor with in quotation marks)

5) now simply move the file in
their respective place:

the bootanimation.zip file should go in '/system/media' folder

**If you have more files to add, just follow the logic above; I'm sure you get the idea by now..

[size=+2]Hints[/size]

Spoiler

6) The other folder included in the folder sample(sample) is named "META-INF". So, You may have to Replace the update-binary (if ur flashable zip is not working) inside the META-INF folder with an update-binary got from a zip that works in your phone.

7) if ur work with that folder complete then zip that folder.

8) now open ZIPsigner

-choose input

-Give address to ur zip u have created

-Give address to output where the flashable zip will be saved!!

9) Choose auto-testkey as key.

10) press Sign

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod