Do you carry your phone in your back pocket like a wallet?

Ten Four

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Do you carry your phone in your back pocket like an *****?
Fixed! Seriously, there are so many reasons not to carry in a back pocket, and probably #1 is because you will inevitably sit on it, drop it in the toilet, or forget it is there and smash it when taking off your pants. Theft is right up there too if you live in an urban setting where pickpocketing is common. Would you carry $500-$1000 in cash sticking out of your back pocket? Probably not, but that is what you are doing if you are sporting the latest iPhone or whatever there. Just too obvious and easy a target for thieves. I carry my phone generally in a deep front pants pocket, or in an inside jacket pocket when I am wearing such a thing. Possibly in a zippered pocket in a backpack or bag if I am going through security at an airport. This is one reason why I hate waffle iron phones (phablets). It is supposed to be a "mobile" device!

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't carry my wallet in the back pocket. Stopped doing that about 10 years ago. My back does thank me tremendously for that.

I do occasionally carry the phone in the back pocket whilst I am walking around but take it out as soon as I sit down.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate all the action here but my real question is will it break the phone to sit down with it in your back pocket.

Lol sorry. Check out Jerry rig and his bend tests. He tries to bend it to break and can't. The biggest concern with it in the back pocket is when u get out of the car or from a chair and it falling out. It's an issue bc it's so tall but I haven't had it happen yet. So I dunno. I think u would have to weigh 300-400 pounds and sit down hard to break it.
However now that I think about it, sitting down on a sidewalk could do some damage especially without a case in it.

MRS DIVA

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I carry my phone in my handbag. Most young ladies in the UK tend to always have their phones constantly in their hand or in their back pocket.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Back left as well while walking around. When I go to meetings and can't have my phone out on the table for everyone to see it. Then it goes in my front left. I don't wear skinny jeans. lol

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Keep on putting pressure on that glass, I wouldn't be surprised if it stresses and fails and being a long piece of glass doesnt help. Especially at the curves.

Lol sorry. Check out Jerry rig and his bend tests. He tries to bend it to break and can't. The biggest concern with it in the back pocket is when u get out of the car or from a chair and it falling out. It's an issue bc it's so tall but I haven't had it happen yet. So I dunno. I think u would have to weigh 300-400 pounds and sit down hard to break it.
However now that I think about it, sitting down on a sidewalk could do some damage especially without a case in it.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I carry nothing in my back pocket. Neither phone or wallet. I don't use a wallet per se, just a vinyl card holder. For my phone, I carry it in my hand as much as possible and the right front pocket when necessary.

As a general rule I'd never put it in my shirt pocket. I'm of the belief that the jury is out with regard to harm caused by radio waves emitted by phones.

B Hoste

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
This was before smartphones, but I was having hip and back pain and a friend suggested getting a wallet that is made for my front pocket, so I naturally (to me) I put all the phones I have owned in my front left pocket wallet and charger with cable in my front right pocket. Back pain was gone after a few weeks.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Being right handed, mine is usually in my front right pocket.
Now, back in the day, on my right hip in a holster. Ah, the days of the BlackBerry 9000, BOLD, 9900 et al ;)

I am most definitely right handed, but that means my phone (even the handset of a desktop phone) is in my left hand and thus my left pocket.

CraverEric

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
Everyone i see with a holster is always fumbling with it. Seat belts, work seats, elevator doors; just not practical lol. Wearing jeans I rock the right back pocket and will sit on it in the vehicle on short trips. Cargo shorts; right cargo pocket, need to be careful here. I've had non-water proof phones in that pocket get drenched at boat landings, none ruined yet though. I'll use shirt pocket going directly to and fro, but never just leisurely; falls out too easy. Wallet in left front pocket and pocket knife in right front pocket; so those are off limits. I never really paid attention until this post lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EcuadorCynthia