Do you think we will get AR emojis?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I hope not :p haha
But if that's a feature they plan to market on the S9 line, I don't think it'll trickle down to the previous models. Also, not sure if there's any hardware tweaks that make that happen that might not be present on the S8/Note8

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
So far it's not like it's dependent on hardware so theoretically it should work on the Note 8. But unclear if Samsung wants to push that down.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
It's the new emojis in the s9 line up.. supposed to mimick the iPhones 10 animoji! Does anyone think this will be in a future update?
Not sure, however being that the S9/s9+ don't have any special 3d sensor or anything that is needed for AR emoji, it appears that it could be possible. Idk if the processor would have anything to do with it, I think it's more software related.

I hope that they will be able to and will bring over the intelligent scan to unlock the device, as that also seems software based.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I played with the X’s Animojis for about 15-30 minutes. It’s a toy and while slightly amusing I can’t see me using it unless I forced myself. Kids might get a kick outta it. From the demo/announcement , it’s didn’t look like the AR emojis mimic the face quite as accurate but I think since you can model them more or less after your own appearance that might make it attractive to some. It’s just not a feature I can imagine using much.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I played with the X’s Animojis for about 15-30 minutes. It’s a toy and while slightly amusing I can’t see me using it unless I forced myself. Kids might get a kick outta it. From the demo/announcement , it’s didn’t look like the AR emojis mimic the face quite as accurate but I think since you can model them more or less after your own appearance that might make it attractive to some. It’s just not a feature I can imagine using much.

AR Emojis look creepy and weird and yes they are not accurate with expressions as the Animojis. Animojis are really cool to play with and showcases the use of the new sensors in the X.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure someone on XDA will extract the apk and make it available for other compatible Samsung devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance