Do you use a third-party launcher on the Nexus 7?

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Would love some feed back on anyone using a third party launcher. I currently use Next Launcher on my phone. I installed it on the tablet but having a hard time getting the icons as big as I would like.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Do you use a Third Party Launcher on the Nexus 7?

I use Nova Launcher (Beta), and I love it. You can essentially make it look and behave just like the stock launcher, only with far more customization. In the past (on different devices) I've used Go Launcher, although I have not tried the new version (I think it's called Next). I've heard Apex Launcher is also very good.

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site

Nova launcher beta here, too. With it, I have a transparent notification bar and have it set up exactly like I want.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Nova beta here too, on phone and N7. Love it and very stable for me. I loaded up the GEL launcher just because, but wouldn't ever switch. Whatever phone I get next I'm sure to put Nova on it first thing.

Posted from my Nexus 7 via Android Central App

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site

I use Nova Launcher (Beta), and I love it. You can essentially make it look and behave just like the stock launcher, only with far more customization. In the past (on different devices) I've used Go Launcher, although I have not tried the new version (I think it's called Next). I've heard Apex Launcher is also very good.

what do you need to do to make it look and act exactly like the stock launcher, with the exception of transparent top and bottom bars?

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I use Nova as well. I have a unified look between my phone and tablet. Makes finding stuff super easy for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

what do you need to do to make it look and act exactly like the stock launcher, with the exception of transparent top and bottom bars?
Out of the box (so to speak) Nova mimics the stock launcher. If you're talking about the new Nexus 5 launcher (aka GEL), then I'm not sure. I'm not a fan of GEL myself.

yuvalnyk

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
The new action launcher update made it the best launcher in my opinion. I recommend for all of you to check it.

Posted via Android Central App

okegesan

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
SSLauncher The Original for me...small file size...can make it do whatever you can imagine. I like my Tablet to say WOW when people look at it, instead of some generic android phoneish UI :)

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Out of the box (so to speak) Nova mimics the stock launcher. If you're talking about the new Nexus 5 launcher (aka GEL), then I'm not sure. I'm not a fan of GEL myself.

i'm talking about stock, with just transparent top and bottom bars added.
when i installed nova, "out of the box" was quite different from stock.

android newbie 248

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

Nova launcher beta here, too. With it, I have a transparent notification bar and have it set up exactly like I want.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I use Nova prime and like it. But, how do you get a transparent notification bar? Don't see that in the settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984