Do you use Google Assistant on your Pixel 3?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I use it a lot both on my Pixel and my XS Max.

I have my smart home connected to Google Assistant and have Smart Display and Minis at home as well. So yea, it gets used a lot :)

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I use it when I have the Android Auto app running on the phone when I'm driving. At home I've a some form of Google Home or smart display in every room so I never need to use the phone for Assistant.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
My first experience with an assistant was Cortana on a Windows phone..... I loved it. Then I got to use Google Assistant combined with Moto voice..... loved it even more. Now I mostly use a Bluetooth earpiece with Google Assistant and rarely ever take my phone out of my pocket or pick it up. Makes my battery last forever because the screens rarely on, and way less chance of me dropping my phone wrestling it out of my pocket.

A whole lot of wins imo ;-)

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I rarely use Google Asst. on the P3.

Same for me. I'm just not there yet. I purchased a Pixel 3 because I prefer a barebones Android experience and wanted quick monthly security updates. Unfortunately the other OEM's fall flat on their faces in this regard.

The excellent hardware was also a factor in my decision. I'm happy with the Pixel 3 so far.

Emily Syrus

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
Yeah, I used google assistant and it works perfectly well. In fact I found Google Assistant more accurate than Apple's Siri. The voice capturing of google assistant is more powerful than any other virual assistant so far.

lcneed

Dec 8, 2018
Visit site
I wish Google Assistant could read Whatsapp messages while I am driving. You would think that if it could read SMS, it could read any other notifications popping up.

pdarrah

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I use it occasionally, but I live in an Alexa household (a device in nearly every room) and even have a dot on my desk at work. We have all our lights, thermostats, entertainment system, doorbells, etc. all setup with Alexa. I haven't looked at doing any of that with GA on my phone since there really isn't any need. I bought the Pixel 3 for its camera, pure-android and regular security updates (came from a Moto droid turbo).

At some point I'll look into using GA more with Android Auto in my car - just haven't had time to figure that out yet (I've only had my Pixel 3 for a couple of weeks)

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't need a laptop truly but been debating a Surface Pro 6. I mainly would need it for labs when out and about (going for my CCNA) .. otherwise I'd have a Google type laptop or iPad probably. That part for me would hurt to choose since I am so ingrained with Google.

Said the iPhone user...LOL

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah .. sorry for the slight off topic but must ask. What do you think of the SP6 deal with the keyboard for the i5 one for 799? :X

Also yeah I looked into the slate but sadly the issue is it needing the apps :(

I think it is one heck of a deal. I have the Surface pro 5 and love it. Will go with a Pixel Slate soon, just because I like new things LOL, and the Surface is really overkill for me.

Also I want to see what apps I can use, since Windows apps are not that good, I don't really use that many programs and I like to continuity of one ecosystem. Not going to Apple however. :p

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Back on topic, I use the Google Assistant a lot. I have several Google home devices and have Alexa as well. I am sure the CIA and Homeland folks listen in all the time.

I love the google products better, and am in the process of phasing out of Alexa, but not going to just throw them out. Until I got a google Home Hub on black Friday I didn't have a device to replace my Amazon Dot as an alarm clock, it is still being use as such. I tried the Insignia devices but they were to bright, even with the night setting.

The only thing Amazon's line does for me that Google doesn't is " Alexa, ask the Xbox to turn on" that is my home media hub.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Back on topic, I use the Google Assistant a lot. I have several Google home devices and have Alexa as well. I am sure the CIA and Homeland folks listen in all the time.
When you watch football and they get into a huddle I'll bet they're talking about you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54