Do you use Google Assistant on your Pixel 3?

jabaa

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
I sorta use GA. I'm still a little self conscious about using it in public (e.g. on public transit) though. I also just forget to use it sometimes and find myself typing in searches. But I'm making a conscious effort to use it more because I see the power in it.

GA was like 5th on the list of things that drew me to the Pixel 3. Camera, pure Android, being able to use it on Fi, being immersed in google's ecosystem (latter two not pixel3-specific I realize) all came before GA for me.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I sorta use GA. I'm still a little self conscious about using it in public (e.g. on public transit) though. I also just forget to use it sometimes and find myself typing in searches. But I'm making a conscious effort to use it more because I see the power in it.

GA was like 5th on the list of things that drew me to the Pixel 3. Camera, pure Android, being able to use it on Fi, being immersed in google's ecosystem (latter two not pixel3-specific I realize) all came before GA for me.

Your user case is interesting to me. Curious to hear your thoughts on getting a speaker for the home.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The reason I pick GA over Alexa is so that I don't have to waste money put Echo in every room to control home automation. I have one or two Google Home speakers in my home which is more than enough. Everywhere else I go, I have either my Android phone or Android watch with me. Both support the same GA function as Google Home. Even when I'm driving, I can control my home using Android Auto the same way. You just can't do that with Alexa. And of course, use Google Assistant to put in navigation address is even better with Android Auto and Google Maps.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
The reason I pick GA over Alexa is so that I don't have to waste money put Echo in every room to control home automation. I have one or two Google Home speakers in my home which is more than enough. Everywhere else I go, I have either my Android phone or Android watch with me. Both support the same GA function as Google Home. Even when I'm driving, I can control my home using Android Auto the same way. You just can't do that with Alexa. And of course, use Google Assistant to put in navigation address is even better with Android Auto and Google Maps.

This is what I mean... One of the reason that GA is primary for me is that it's everywhere I am. Alexa, just can't get to that level. There reach of GA is plays an important part in my decisions.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Google Mini in the family room.
Google Mini in the master bedroom.
Google Mini between kitchen and dining room.
Pixel Stand is as good as a Google Mini in my office.
Pixel Stand in Kate's office.
Kate and I both have Pixel 3 XL's and GA gets a lot of use.

Shantek Studios

Dec 14, 2018
Visit site
When I had my Samsung and was stuck with Bixby as the default (although I could still use the assistant, just not as easily) I thought the assistant (squeeze to trigger it) would be a huge draw card.

For me after getting my Pixel 3 XL, it's a great to have feature but I don't use it as much as I thought I would. But then I have like 6 google assistant powered devices throughout my house so they probably get 90% of my commands anyway