Dock buttons not hiding when changing screens

rmead001

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
So the stock bottom dock, the call button/menu button/contact button, usually dissapear when swiping left or right to other screens. It is replaced with the house and dots representing the default layout. I can't figure out why but sometimes instead of them switching they will just overlap each other. I can't figure out why it only sometimes happens but it's driving me nuts. Anyone else notice this or know why it would be happening?

I'm not running any layout editors, stock everything with some apps installed. Nothing that changes layouts or lock screens. Any help is appreciated.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Never herd of that happening. But that whole part switching is one of the main reasons why I switched Launchers. Give ADW Launcher EX or Launcher Pro a shot. There more customizable and snappier to.

rmead001

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I actually don't mind the default UI. I'm new to android but the launcher pro and ADW don't do anything additional for me yet. It's just weird because sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. I have my setting checked to back up my phone data and my most important info is on the SD card so I might give that a shot. Wish I could pinpoint it. No apps I have should be interfering. The only one I thought maybe was task killer but I uninstalled that, rebooted and the same thing was happening.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well even if you install one of the launchers, it actually doesnt replace the MotoBlur UI. It just "Covers it Up". That way, you will have a dock on either launcher customized to what you want. You can also get Home Switcher for Froyo from the market. That allows you to toggle back and forth between Launchers and also set which one you want as the default launcher.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
So the stock bottom dock, the call button/menu button/contact button, usually dissapear when swiping left or right to other screens. It is replaced with the house and dots representing the default layout. I can't figure out why but sometimes instead of them switching they will just overlap each other. I can't figure out why it only sometimes happens but it's driving me nuts. Anyone else notice this or know why it would be happening?

I'm not running any layout editors, stock everything with some apps installed. Nothing that changes layouts or lock screens. Any help is appreciated.

This happened to me when I was trying out launchers and decided to go back to the stock launcher.

What I did to fix the problem was go to settings>applications>manage applications...then find "Home" and click force stop.

That fixed it for me

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

rmead001

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Turns out it was the widget from mixzing causing the issue. I liked having that widget out too. Guess its time for a new music app. Requirement is lockscreen integration