Does anybody have interest in these 3a Pixels?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nomad makes leather cases for the Pixel 3 and 3 XL, you might let them know you'd like them for the 3A. The same with Bellroy, they also makes leather cases for the Pixel 3. With the 3A being so new, hopefully someone will make a genuine leather case for it.

Thanks, that looks sweet!:D I currently have the wooden back Moment lens case, though, but if I didn't, I'd go for that in a heartbeat!

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Nomad makes leather cases for the Pixel 3 and 3 XL, you might let them know you'd like them for the 3A. The same with Bellroy, they also makes leather cases for the Pixel 3. With the 3A being so new, hopefully someone will make a genuine leather case for it.

I have the Bellroy for the 3 XL and can definitely attest to the quality. If you're wanting a 'premium feel' and have your phone in a case, the phone body material becomes irrelevant but the leather... ah, the leather...

Given the lower pricepoint making them an effective option to a much larger demographic, along with the fact that the 3a and 3a XL are going to be additionally directly distributed by Sprint and T-Mobile (effectively doubling the number of consumers who can acquire them directly at a carrier store), I expect to see at least as wide an array of aftermarket accessories, cases, etc - and likely more - produced for them. Shouldn't be long till we sell them.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that's the 'case' for most people - at which point the appearance a design done in glass (3) or similarly in plastic (3a) becomes nearly indistiguishable.

The big difference is that it never bothered me to carry a phone with a plastic back without a case, whereas I wouldn't dream of it with a glass-backed

I agree with you. And I see what you did there with "case!"

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thing is that most people with metal/glass phones use cases that prevent wireless charging and you can’t feel the metal sides most of the time either, so much of the ‘expensive feel’ is lost when you use a case. The pixel 3a series should feel no different with a case on that more expensive phones.

The case thing I agree with. The wireless charging I don't since I've never had a case stop me from using it.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
(Facepalm)

Only the first part was meant to be used with ‘already’ ������������ ;)

Sorry if it wasn’t clear. Glad to know I was wrong about how most cases can be used with wireless charging, as I sometimes use wireless charging myself ������ :D

EDIT: Perhaps unsurprisingly, AC doesn’t recognise iOS emojis lol

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok, my bad (most protective and battery cases still prevent it)

They don't actively PREVENT it. It has to do with 3 factors: case thickness, phone backplate thickness, and the construction of the charger. For a wireless charger to work with current tech, there has to be less than 0.6cm distance between the two coils (charger and phone). If the combination of the three factors above cause the distance to increase beyond that, then the phone won't wirelessly charge reliably. The only think I know that actually blocks wireless charging are metal plates.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
They don't actively PREVENT it. It has to do with 3 factors: case thickness, phone backplate thickness, and the construction of the charger. For a wireless charger to work with current tech, there has to be less than 0.6cm distance between the two coils (charger and phone). If the combination of the three factors above cause the distance to increase beyond that, then the phone won't wirelessly charge reliably. The only think I know that actually blocks wireless charging are metal plates.

Energy gets induced or transfered to the metal back of the phone and never makes it to the coils so in essence it absorbs the energy.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I was looking to upgrade to one with the T-Mobile promo. I have an LG G7 I rarely use so this would make the Pixel 3a free for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia