Does anyone have 2 eSIMs set up (not simultaneously active) on their phone?

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
My question is that if you change the active eSIM, do you have to restart your phone?

If you can mention which country you are in, that may also be material.

I'm in Canada and we only have one firmware for all CSCs, but each time you put in a different carrier's SIM or enable their eSIM, you are prompted to restart. I would like to go all eSIM, but only if changing the active eSIM doesn't force me to restart my phone.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
It should force a restart especially different carrier to apply the configuration

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app
Yup, I confirmed it the hard way. Luckily I could re-use my physical SIM for the same number so I'm back to my old working state again.

Hopefully Android 14 will bring dual eSIM functionality

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yup, I confirmed it the hard way. Luckily I could re-use my physical SIM for the same number so I'm back to my old working state again.

Hopefully Android 14 will bring dual eSIM functionality

Something happened with esim ?

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Something happened with esim ?

Nothing unexpected happened. I switched my physical SIM to an eSIM (having 2 eSIMs as a result), but switching eSIMs required a restart (a long one, at that), so I changed from eSIM back to the nano SIM.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Nothing unexpected happened. I switched my physical SIM to an eSIM (having 2 eSIMs as a result), but switching eSIMs required a restart (a long one, at that), so I changed from eSIM back to the nano SIM.

Couldn't remove one of the duplicate Esim?

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh, I never had duplicate eSIMs. My first eSIM (my main line) was from Koodo, and the second line (that I converted then converted back) was from Fido.

Ahh ok
I never tried dual sim, had one as regular sim and other Esim

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Is it hard to switch esim from iphone to sim card to Samsung?
Shouldn't be. You will just need a new physical SIM and transfer the number to it using the tool from your carrier or by calling customer service. Then you will need to delete the eSIM on the iPhone.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've said it before, I'm going to say it again..esim is a bad idea. I have it on the watch and every time I switch between watches I have to go thru carrier to activate them. So much easier just to switch sim card.

Something else to think about.. Now we buy unlocked phones, just change the SIM card and done, no activation fee. Esim we will have to go thru carrier and the activation fee could come into play again. Yes the carrier will say they won't charge now, but they all will eventually.

Sim card is the simplest way..I see no real benefit to esim for us the user.

I believe in KISS.. Keep It Simple Stupid

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish