Does clearing data delete emails?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Had accidentally clicked one of my Gmail accs on Youtube, which is a system app in my phone, and was automatically signed in. Wanted to undo this so I tried removing the account from the device, but then a popup that says "Device protection features will no longer work". It isn't the first time that I removed all Gmail accounts in this phone but I'm not quite sure if I had this popup before. I don't want to wreck anything so I'm consideri ng "clear data" for sign out on Youtube to show up, because that's what it says on Google. But I'm afraid that this will get rid of all my stuff in that email--unless I could remove account, and bring it back like nothing's changed after it's been (hopefully) disconnected from Youtube... And how will that popup affect my phone if I just clicked "OK"?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you're talking about email from your Gmail account, clearing the app data won't be a problem, because once you open the Gmail app again, it will re-sync with your Gmail in the cloud. But if you have a non-Gmail account on your Gmail app, and it's set up using a POP3 server, then any email you downloaded might be cleared out when you clear the app data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abventz