Does color note automatically logs out by changing facebook password from another device?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone was stolen. How can I log out color note remotely?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Why don't you just send a remote wipe command using Google's Find My Device?

Did you not have a screen lock set for your phone? If you did, then the thief wouldn't be able to access anything in your phone in the first place. If you didn't, then why did you keep sensitive data in your Color Notes app without following very basic security measures?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This would be a question for the developer. I use the app and there are options to sign out and change the master password, but I don't know if changing those options would sync across all devices currently logged in to it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The app itself doesn't, the OP must have logged into it using their FB account.

I'm logged in with my gmail account. I have noticed that when apps offer that type of login option, they usually allow Facebook as well, so it's a possibility. I did notice if you go to your Facebook settings, there's an apps and websites option in the security options. If you remove it there, it'll likely log itself out of the app remotely.

But thinking on it more, the login is mostly to be able to sync the account for cross device use. Even if logged out I don't think it'll actually delete the locally stored data. I think the only option in the OP's case of a stolen phone is a remote factory reset, and hope there isn't an unprotected backup stored on an SD card in the phone (which is also an option in Color Note).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty