Does Link2SD work on Gingerbread ??

OakIris

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Although Virgin Mobile has thus far been reluctant to update the Optimus with the Gingerbread OS, I know some folks here have used a custom ROM to get GB on their phones.

From the research I have done, it seems that Link2SD is one of those "gotta have" applications, due to the limited internal memory of the Optimus. It would also seem that Gingerbread is a worthwhile update to the Android OS. However....as the title says, is Link2SD compatible with Gingerbread? (And yes, I have done a search here and via google and couldn't find a definitive answer, and I also posted on the Android apps forum but didn't receive a single response, so I thought I would ask again on the VM forum.)

I have read some comments elsewhere, including in one of the reviews for the app at Android Market, that Link2SD does not work if you have the Gingerbread OS on your phone, but I can't seem to find anything "official" saying that they are incompatible. Does anyone here know for sure??

Holly

Blastin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I believe this feature is built into CM7 so no need for it. I havent even been running CM7 for 10 hours yet so I might be wrong.

Edit: NVM, im wrong lol

Last edited:

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is. I'm running mrg666's version and have link2sd set up. I used a 1 gig second partition set up through my recovery (cwm3.2.0.4). I haven't had any problems and the apps actually load faster than using the built in apps 2 sd function.

Reactions: OakIris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61