Does Note 3 Have LED Notifications?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Read the whole thread. It is the moto x series I was speaking of. No active notifications in samsung. Fine with me. Active notifications are a moto thing and i don't like them
Samsung led works. Always has.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I like immediate and constant notifications that only an led can provide. I don't want to have to shake, touch, or smile at my phone to see them.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I like immediate and constant notifications that only an led can provide. I don't want to have to shake, touch, or smile at my phone to see them.

Every time you get an email the screen illuminates...lol or take it out of your pocket and the screen automatically will tell you time and notifications. I enjoy the LED but it doesn't do what active notifications can do. Not sure where you get shake, rattle and roll etc etc actions from.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Every time you get an email the screen illuminates...lol or take it out of your pocket and the screen automatically will tell you time and notifications. I enjoy the LED but it doesn't do what active notifications can do. Not sure where you get shake, rattle and roll etc etc actions from.
What do u think turns on the active notifications when you take phone out of your pocket. My phone can be sleeping on a shelf 10 feet away on silent mode and I still know when I have a notification. I don't have to see it come in nor look at just the right moment. The led is on and stays on and I know which colors mean what.

This is a Samsung thread and Sammy has great notifications with led so no need to discuss further here.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
What do u think turns on the active notifications when you take phone out of your pocket. My phone can be sleeping on a shelf 10 feet away on silent mode and I still know when I have a notification. I don't have to see it come in nor look at just the right moment. The led is on and stays on and I know which colors mean what.

This is a Samsung thread and Sammy has great notifications with led so no need to discuss further here.

To each his own, but at least acknowledging the innovation of it is a great thing. It would be nice for Samsung to have this. Then again, I'd rather this be built into Android 5.0. No need to get all bent out of shape, lol.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
To each his own, but at least acknowledging the innovation of it is a great thing. It would be nice for Samsung to have this. Then again, I'd rather this be built into Android 5.0. No need to get all bent out of shape, lol.

I prefer led so why would I want to ruin Sammy notifications? I love Samsung led notifications. I hate moto active notifications. What you call innovation I call cheaping out by removing a former excellent feature. As you say, to each his own. BTW, I'm not bent out of shape but we've exhausted this line of discussion.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I prefer led so why would I want to ruin Sammy notifications? I love Samsung led notifications. I hate moto active notifications. What you call innovation I call cheaping out by removing a former excellent feature. As you say, to each his own. BTW, I'm not bent out of shape but we've exhausted this line of discussion.

I don't see why an option for either or would be a bad thing. I would prefer to pull my phone out of my pocket (since I never keep it 10 feet away from me if I'm using it) and see a sneak peek of notifications. That's the beauty of Android, options options options.

cgeorgalos

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't see why an option for either or would be a bad thing. I would prefer to pull my phone out of my pocket (since I never keep it 10 feet away from me if I'm using it) and see a sneak peek of notifications. That's the beauty of Android, options options options.

I agree. I'm hoping for LED notifications and I will be downloading Dynamic Notifications. I'm coming from the first generation Note that doesn't have LED notifications and its a bummer having to rely on just the screen notifications. Scoop of vanilla, scoop of chocolate.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Ask Motorola. My statement is correct. There is an led in new motos but it cannot be used for notifications. It only turns on when battery is below 5%. Most users don't even know its there

We have DROID mins and ultras at work all have a use able notification light

Posted via Android Central App

john248

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Read the whole thread. It is the moto x series I was speaking of. No active notifications in samsung. Fine with me. Active notifications are a moto thing and i don't like them
Samsung led works. Always has.

I agree. I'm hoping for LED notifications and I will be downloading Dynamic Notifications. I'm coming from the first generation Note that doesn't have LED notifications and its a bummer having to rely on just the screen notifications. Scoop of vanilla, scoop of chocolate.

GN3 has LED notifications, and this is a feature that I'd much rather have if having to choose between it and Active Notifications. With that said, apps like Dynamic Notifications and Dash Clock are similar to Active Notifications. Personally, I'd rather not have any info on my lock screen aside from the pin code and time/date.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Would you do me a favor and post how you got Droid Ultra to display led notifications over in the Droid ultra forum? Many users would love to know your secret. Even better if you can do it with droid maxx too. The discussion belongs over there though. I appreciate your cooperation. Thanks!

zach_alt

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site

Cheaping out? You've obviously never used a Moto X for more than an hour. I'm going from a Moto X and the one thing I'm going to miss is Active Notifications. Pulling you phone out of your pocket and having it show the time and notifications instantly is amazing.

Hopefully I'll be able to replicate most of it with Dynamic Notifications on my Note 3.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
...and the response is "what LED"? Unless there's a completely unused and hidden LED on these devices, which seems unlikely. Do you have a link to the thread in question?

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Would you do me a favor and post how you got Droid Ultra to display led notifications over in the Droid ultra forum? Many users would love to know your secret. Even better if you can do it with droid maxx too. The discussion belongs over there though. I appreciate your cooperation. Thanks!

Actually the Droid MAXX is the only one we can't get to work, but the Mini and Ultra have worked out of the box for us.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
There is zero customization for it as far as we can tell ( and being IT we have setup a ton of these). But any new text or email is green, facebook message is blue twitter is also green.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
There is zero customization for it as far as we can tell ( and being IT we have setup a ton of these). But any new text or email is green, facebook message is blue twitter is also green.

I started a thread in the ultra forum. Some there don't even believe there is an led in the ultra. Will you join us and set things straight?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware