Does Note 3 Have LED Notifications?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Does the Note 3 have multicolor led you can control with light flow for notifications?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, in a few of the images you can see the LED notification in the typical place for Samsung, the top left of the device to the left of the earpiece.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I see at least one person here has a Note 3 already. Does the led. work? The new Motorolas have an led but it doesn't work.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I see at least one person here has a Note 3 already. Does the led. work? The new Motorolas have an led but it doesn't work.

I wouldn't hold that as true until that person posts actual device and boot-up pictures.

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
With the track record of the last couple of Galaxy Devices, I think it's safe to assume that the LED indicator will be on this new device

Sent from my SG Note "Deux" using Tapatalk 4

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
i agree - back in the day when I was a BB guy I absolutely loved the huge red notification light - you could land a plane with that flashing at you - I have loved my HTC DNA but it has a front and rear notification light so so small it mine as well not be there - can't wait for my Note 3!!!!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Why would the LED be there if it wasn't functional?

Ask Motorola. My statement is correct. There is an led in new motos but it cannot be used for notifications. It only turns on when battery is below 5%. Most users don't even know its there

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
LED notifications seems like such an insignificant feature, until you have a phone that doesnt use them.

When I read the first. line of your post I was about to explode... because many people on moto forums say that without the qualifier. Tge only reason I rooted my tbolt was to control led. I do prefer a small led to a big one though. The led on my current phone has a translucent cover that makes the led look like a fluorescent light. Garish and unnecessary .
I thought the led on my og droid was the best ever. Perfect size, every color worked, easy to control.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
While an LED not able to be used for notifications sucks, Active Notifications that Motorola has is the best notification system currently.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
While an LED not able to be used for notifications sucks, Active Notifications that Motorola has is the best notification system currently.
What do you mean when you say that the LED not able to be used for notifications?

The manual says this:

LED indicator
:

Charging
: Set to turn on the notification light while you are charging the battery.

Low battery
: Set to turn on the notification light when the battery is low.

Notifications
: Set to turn on the notification light when you have missed calls,
messages, or notifications.

Voice recording
: Set to turn on the notification light when you record voice memos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech