Does the Gear S2 have a setting or app to track the number of steps I take an hour

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Does the Gear S2 have a setting or app to track the number of steps I take an hour and if hourly goal has not been reached, it will alert you 10 mins before the hour is up? I looked in S Health and can’t find a setting for this type of function/reminder.

I have a desk job and usually don't move around the office endless I really need to so I purchased the Fitbit Charge 2 that I use everyday because it will alert me if I haven't walked more than 250 steps that hour. I purchased the Gear S2 a year ago and only wore it for 2 months because it didn't do what I wanted it to do. I want to be a fan because I liked that it relays my text message and calls while I go running and do not need my phone. But because it was such big deal of a watch, I thought it would have this alert function where it tracks my every step not just my end of day goals.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It's supposed to have something like under S Health's activity reminders on the watch, called Health Nudges. You can also set the elapsed time for it to alert you. I am not sure if will do the 250 steps in an hour thing though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz