Does wireless charging work well with the Defender case?

Dausfir Adeys

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Wireless charging works upto a maximum of 7mm known as Z-height. I have come across a wireless charger on which the mobile when placed maximum at a height of 4mm charges successfully. Here the height of 4mm corresponds to the width of the case of the phone. The charger is TANGO by PowerSquare. This wireless charger is funded successfully on Kickstarter.

CurvyMind

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I just got Samsung Fast Charge Wireless Charging Pad (EP-PN920) and it doesn't work with OtterBox Defender case unless I take the rubber shell off. It works fine while the plastic shell is still on Note 5.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have four different Qi chargers (new round Samsung Captain America edition, rectangular Samsung from S4, rectangular unknown brand, and an Anker round one) and all work with my S6 in an NFL (Packers) Otterbox Defender case.

I made the mistake of buying the round QI Samsung from China on Ebay. It looks and feels the same but it's not. It's crap quality, and doesn't work with the defender worth ****! Is this possibly what do did as well?

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I made the mistake of buying the round QI Samsung from China on Ebay. It looks and feels the same but it's not. It's crap quality, and doesn't work with the defender worth ****! Is this possibly what do did as well?

Yeah, you have to be real careful of knockoffs from China. The items often look identical, but if you keep an eye on the packaging, that's what usually tells if it is authentic. I'd suggest buying one at local retail. It will cost more, but then you'll know. The biggest concern with knockoffs would be risk of fire or damage to your phone.