Cant download pictures on messaging app

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm currently having trouble with downloading pictures on the messaging app. There's an x in a circle with a halo moving around. I can't cancel the download. Tapping on the x doesn't do anything either. I tried holding the x, nothing. I tried force closing the app and rebooting my device. Neither helped. I'm getting pictures in 2 different messaging threads if that helps. I'm not sure what to do next. Any assistance is much appreciated.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm not using rcs. I'm chatting with my wife (iPhone user). I am on wifi. Mobile data shouldn't be off...at least I didn't turn it off. Where can I go to check? Found it... toggled it on and off. Still no pics downloading.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the app cache in the Messages app. Go to Settings>Apps, select Messages, then Storage & Cache, and Clear Cache there. Then Force Stop the app, and then open it again and see if the problem remains.

Reactions: BEaRebel

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
This happens sometimes in an iphone to android text.

In the thread where you are receiving pictures, is it the same person with the iphone? Did they send the picture. Is it a group thread or individual thread?

Reactions: winmod21

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
i didnt see all of your replies... i didnt check my email for updates. the problem apparently worked itself out. i ended up getting the pictures but i did have another iphone user send me pictures and it wouldnt load. i asked him if he sent me pictures and he said no. but the download icons were still there, at any rate i appreciate the support. mods can close this one down if needed

Reactions: winmod21

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
i didnt see all of your replies... i didnt check my email for updates. the problem apparently worked itself out. i ended up getting the pictures but i did have another iphone user send me pictures and it wouldnt load. i asked him if he sent me pictures and he said no. but the download icons were still there, at any rate i appreciate the support. mods can close this one down if needed
Remember that MMS will show up as 'media download' initially and, when it loads, it can just be text. This is more apparent on 'delayed' group messages, where the 'media download' icon can show up for an individual contact and when the message actually loads, it's actually a group message.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
This is a bug when pics are sent from iPhones. I have seen these many times over the past decade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSJUU