Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

bassplyr

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Will I be able to keep my unlimited data plan if I go through Best Buy?

Thanks,
Roger

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks,
Roger

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at

Just get it through wirefly. It's 200 there (the price a smartphone should be!) And if you use my referral link you'll get a 25 dollar visa gift card.

Inbox me for the link

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the galaxy S III!

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Thanks,
Roger

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks,
Roger

You can't keep your unlimited anywhere if you plan on getting it on contract.

bassplyr

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
You can't keep your unlimited anywhere if you plan on getting it on contract.

Checked with Best Buy this evening and they were willing to match $199 from Amazon. Also were willing to activate on my dumb line so I could transfer it to my unlimited data line. I will probably take them up on it later this week.

Roger

dorkydood

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm the Best Buy price match. I bought 2 @ $199 on a new contract family plan. This is my first android device and first Motorola since the StarTac. 6 hours in and I'm very pleased so far.
iPhone? What iPhone? Oh that? Yeah, its for sale.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I can confirm the price match also. I am getting my Maxx HD next week and I went to Best Buy since reading this thread. They went to the Radio Shack web site and will price match the $199 for the Maxx HD, the $69.99 for the Maxx, and the $79.99 for the Razr M on Staples. I am happy and saving a lot of money this next weekend.

Last edited:

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit exp?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

It would be cheaper to get it on wirefly at 200 and not pay any taxes or shipping.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Rj Anderson

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit exp?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

My buying experience....

I got my Maxx HD from Amazon Wireless for $199.99. 7 days later I noticed it went down to $179.99. I called and they were nice enough to credit me 20 bucks...fantastic customer service. I then noticed Amazon had a trade in program for cell phones. I sent my HTC Thunderbolt in and they credited my account $102.50. Sure I probably could have got more if I sold it on ebay or something (don't know, didn't check) but didn't want to mess with all that. Anyways with the trade in, my total price for my Razr Maxx HD came to $77.49. I can live with that.

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Did price match at Best Buy 199, They paid me $60 for my piece o crap 3 time refurbished Thunderbolt, and did the full 2 year insurance for 160, so saved roughly 240 by not buying it straight through Verizon at $10 a month protection plan 24 / mo, $240. full 24 mo upfront that is transferable for teh $160 direct through best buy. Feel like I got a smoking deal.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?

Did price match at Best Buy 199, They paid me $60 for my piece o crap 3 time refurbished Thunderbolt, and did the full 2 year insurance for 160, so saved roughly 240 by not buying it straight through Verizon at $10 a month protection plan 24 / mo, $240. full 24 mo upfront that is transferable for teh $160 direct through best buy. Feel like I got a smoking deal.

Congrats! I also got price matched at BB. As for insurance I stick with Asurion because it covers loss and theft, which squaretrade and Black Tie don't cover. I think Asurion for Androids is just $5.18, not 10. For iPhones it's $10.

Anyway, if you're looking for a laugh you should head over to the DNA forum, where I've tried to tell people not to set their money on fire by preordering and instead to price match at BB. The reactions may surprise you!

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Edit :
Razr Maxx HD is $150 for new Verizon customers on Amazon. Still $175 for an upgrade on Amazon.

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2.

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Congrats! I also got price matched at BB. As for insurance I stick with Asurion because it covers loss and theft, which squaretrade and Black Tie don't cover. I think Asurion for Androids is just $5.18, not 10. For iPhones it's $10.

If you buy from BB, how do you get the ins thru Asurion? Amazon has RMHD for 149.99 so I am really tempted to buy from BB on price match.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW

I think if you call Verizon within 30 days of purchase you can add it.

NoEviL

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
What did Best Buy price match it to? which store?

spiraleze

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy will price match most brick and mortar stores and even some online stores like Amazon. I just printed out a copy of the Radio Shack online/instore price and they honored that at Best Buy when I bought my Maxx HD ($199.99).

As far as insurance, I can confirm that you have 30 days to decide on insurance from Asurian (via Verizon). I added my insurance ($5.18/month) 5 days after purchasing my phone. Asurian has two different plans, one is total equipment coverage (about $10/month) which adds warranty coverage for months 13-24 (with a deductible I believe) and the other is basic loss/damage/stolen coverage ($5.18/month). I choose the cheaper version as after a year I rather upgrade my phone than pay a large dedutible for a refurb for any warranty issue.

Good luck.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if

Total Equipment Protection is $6.99 for the Maxx HD, the insurance without extended warranty is $5.18. With my Thunderbolt I opted to not get the extended warranty because I only signed a 1 year contact (RIP to those). I decided to add the extended warranty to my Maxx HD because of the non-removable battery.

Lord Vadger

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Is Best Buy still pricematching Amazon? If so, for how much longer are they expected to do so?

Also, regarding insurance: I can buy the phone at Best Buy and call Verizon within 30 days to add insurance to the phone, correct? (I dont think I want the Best Buy protection as I don't think it covers theft). The more expensive Verizon Android option, at $7/month I think, covers everything, but is there a deductible if I need to file a claim? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332